WARNING : itinerary change for NCL SPIRIT 10 days 2019 March 28 to April 7

reveur15

I guess it is not the same if you are leaving from huge airports with many Airlines. Leaving from Quebec city or Montreal, there is not so many flights available so sooner is better.

In my case i always booked as soon as flights are available and I always got the best price (i watch them until I leave and the price pattern goes from very low then up for a few months, then decline but not as low and then skyrocket at last minute).

That makes sense!

Studies show that in order to get the best price you should book 51 days out. So, I'm not sure how you're having the opposite results?

I guess it is not the same if you are leaving from huge airports with many Airlines. Leaving from Quebec city or Montreal, there is not so many flights available so sooner is better.

In my case i always booked as soon as flights are available and I always got the best price (i watch them until I leave and the price pattern goes from very low then up for a few months, then decline but not as low and then skyrocket at last minute).

This! It is few and far between that the price goes lower than what I had booked at so far out. I actually find the price usually goes higher as seats become more scarce. But people should book whenever they feel happy to do so. I myself know I would not be comfortable waiting till 51 days out and hoping the flight I wanted was still available, or at a better price.

OP - so sorry your cruise got cancelled.

We are learning more about this cruise from you reveuris15, than NCL as we have not had any notification from them or our TA yet; we have just sent an email to her to tell her that our cruise was cancelled. Any ideas on what the Spirit will be doing from March 28-April 7th?

We are learning more about this cruise from you reveuris15, than NCL as we have not had any notification from them or our TA yet; we have just sent an email to her to tell her that our cruise was cancelled. Any ideas on what the Spirit will be doing from March 28-April 7th?

No idea, but it is scheduled in rome on april 7th. I Wonder why they canceled instead of just changing itinerary ?

maybe they will also cancel one or two cruise before ours for a drydock ?

I just looked at all the offerings for the Spirit in 2019 and it seems the Spirit will relocate to Southampton after spring to do Northern Europe and British Isles itineraries and come back to the Mediterranean in the fall of 2019. We just did 2 Cruises on her and would love to do a isles Northern Europe B2B.

We took our decision.

We keep our flight tickets.

We will make a land trip with no cruise.

Paris / chambord castle (tours) / bordeaux / carcassonne / barcelona :D

should be fun ;p;p;p

Sorry NCL you lost 2 passengers !

We took our decision.

should be fun ;p;p;p

Sounds wonderful. Enjoy!

We took our decision.

should be fun ;p;p;p

I was also booked on that cruise and also found out on May 4th it was canceled. Luckily I hadn't booked airfare yet, so I booked the cruise leaving March 17, 2019 from Barcelona. It will be an 11 night cruise instead of 10 night. I booked 10 night at $1,366 base price mid ship balcony a person and new base price mid ship balcony (a few doors down from original cabin) was $1,489. I might still cancel, unsure. I wasn't happy at all since I booked this as soon as it was published last year! If I had bought airfare already, I would have done like you and did a land base trip. Happy journeys😊

I was also booked on this cruise, booked back in November. I called NCL that day and they claimed they had no info on why. How could they not know? Anyhow we switched to the March 7 cruise, also a 10 night, but now have to pay more as the price has, of course, risen in the interim. Seems to me it would have been fairer to allow guests to switch dates at their previous fare. The March 7 cruise is a “Distinctive Voyage” so at least we picked up a few extras.

Sent from my iPad using Forums