Bliss vs. Escape Aft Cabins - Not the Same?

Hrhbob

In previous threads, knowledgeable CC members supposed that B1 Aft Cabins on the Bliss will mirror those on Escape (i.e. deck 9 largest, deck 12 next largest, etc.) and that they will be the same size as Escape (depth, width, number of deck loungers and chairs, etc.) That appears not to be the case. There is a YouTube posting of a brief tour of Bliss 12308 posted this week from the TA and it appears the balcony is smaller that 12308 on Escape. Hoping anyone, especially CC folks currently on the Bliss TA can confirm or compare the balcony sizes to those on Escape, especially on deck 12 which is what I have reserved for a future cruise (12910). Thanks in advance.

Here is a picture of deck 12 (12308) on Escape that I took....

3K&dBAvBv4.JPG

In the video of Bliss 12308, there is space between the door and the chair plus the space between the chair and the railing. The total depth looks to be the same as the picture of Escape.

Two Wheels...you might be correct that it's likely camera angle, etc. There is also a YouTube of Escape 12910 which gives a good view of the balcony. The poster mentions he gave up a lounger to the steward as he was a solo cruiser. I do hope they are the same.

CoffeeGoddess’ response to such requests is pure internet brilliance:

Lemme just get my measuring tape out of the tool box which I always bring with me, jimmy the lock, and chloroform the occupants and I'll get right back to you.

Sent from outerspace

The youtube video makes it seem as if the chair is against the balcony door. When the camera leaves the bed area and goes to the balcony (0:56), you can see the space between the balcony door and the chair. The "pan" that the camera makes doesn't help but looking at the floor shows the 2 panels plus the slanted panel which mirrors Escape.

TwoWheels....I see what you mean and agree they are likely the same. Thanks.

aeroo777-I too am following CeffeeGodess' live report and saw her humorous comment as you did. My question was more aimed at knowledgeable people like TwoWheels and not to ask someone on the TA to go measure. It was more for after the cruise when someone staying in the aft balcony this week might have some insight. But thx for the snarky comment.

Hoping anyone, especially CC folks currently on the Bliss TA can confirm or compare the balcony sizes to those on Escape....

Really?

I looked at the video and it looks like beautiful room with a HUGE balcony, what are you worried about?

Really?

I looked at the video and it looks like beautiful room with a HUGE balcony, what are you worried about?

It looks nice to me too. I have 12310 and I hope the bed is up by the window like it is on 12308. It does look like the closet is pretty small if you just get that section on the left side for hanging clothes. It’s a beautiful ship and the cabins all look great. I feel like I know the ship already with the three live threads going on right now.

Thank you to all of the posters that have put so much time in taking us along.

It looks nice to me too. I have 12310 and I hope the bed is up by the window like it is on 12308.

99% sure that 12310 is bed near balcony on Escape. Bliss should be the same. I have a list for all aft-facing (H6, B1, M1) on Escape for bed location but I don't have visual conformation for all. Please post pictures when you return.

99% sure that 12310 is bed near balcony on Escape. Bliss should be the same. I have a list for all aft-facing (H6, B1, M1) on Escape for bed location but I don't have visual conformation for all. Please post pictures when you return.

Thanks, I'm not going until Oct. but I will post photos.

• 2 weeks later...
Two Wheels....from your list...12910 Bliss. Suspect not near balcony but not sure. BTW - thanks for all your help.

What about Escape 12312? I believe it’s beds near closets but just checking. TIA

I’m on the Bliss right now H6 12306. The bed is near the balcony

I’m on the Bliss right now H6 12306. The bed is near the balcony

The bed location for the H6s is easy.

Configuration A vs Configuration B can be deciphered by just looking at exterior photos during construction. The B1s aren't always known but the list that I've compiled seems to be correct.

• 3 weeks later...