Gift Certificate Question

Hi all!

I am thinking of getting my husband a gift certificate for RC for his birthday and Father's Day. Does anyone know if these expire at all? Or are the good until you use them?

Thanks! :):):)

If you are referring to one of those discounted gift certificates through AARP or Verizon, you need to call a special number to book and you can't use a TA.

Thanks! Sorry, I mean the ones through RC website.

They're a bit annoying to redeem and you can only use them for specific things. My brother got one for my husband and we could not use it in cruise planner for booking excursions or drink packages. We were told we could have used it towards the cost of paying off the cruise, but we had already paid in full at that point. We had to wait and use it as OBC (and you have to redeem it at least 10 days prior to your cruise or you can't use it on board, allegedly).

Mine had no listed expiration date that I can recall. We used it about 8 months after we got it.

They're a bit annoying to redeem and you can only use them for specific things. My brother got one for my husband and we could not use it in cruise planner for booking excursions or drink packages. We were told we could have used it towards the cost of paying off the cruise, but we had already paid in full at that point. We had to wait and use it as OBC (and you have to redeem it at least 10 days prior to your cruise or you can't use it on board, allegedly).

Mine had no listed expiration date that I can recall. We used it about 8 months after we got it.

That's good to know. Thanks! When I hear gift certificate, I think expiration date as opposed to a gift card.

I don't believe that they expire. They can be used as a payment on a cruise OR for OBC but must be redeemed PRIOR to the cruise if you are using it for OBC, they can't be redeemed on board

Thank you!

Read the fine print, people have reported them being difficult to redeem. I thought I read they can only be used to book a new cruise.

We get one every year from our son for Christmas and I always apply it to a cruise I already have booked. Have never had any problem with it

We get one every year from our son for Christmas and I always apply it to a cruise I already have booked. Have never had any problem with it

Thanks for the update.