Laundry room noise

ambelina

We are looking at booking a balcony cabin across the hall from the laundry room and wondered if there is alot of noise (machines or conversation) coming across the hall. This is on the Grand and is the only cabin available in that category.

I was on a 30 day cruise in a mini suite directly across from laundromat in March and never had any noise issues at all. The laundry was also closed (locked) from about 10 pm to 8 am (I think). I loved the convenience of it!

As others have experienced, we have had cabins directly opposite the laundry and have never had any issues with noise; either from the machines or the folks. The people using the laundry service are amazingly polite about holding down the level of their conversations. Book your cabin with no qualms.

I have only heard f laundry room noise when a brawl breaks out. Security usually breaks it up quickly

LOL! One almost broke out in the laundry room while watching Fox News. We did not put the TV on Fox News, we were just watching it and DH and I were commenting. In comes this woman to do laundry and she said to DH and me "I didn't come on this cruise to listen to this *****!" I told her to ignore the TV and she'll do just fine. Then she demanded that we change the channel. I told her no, we were there first, we didn't turn it on, and don't be bossing me around. She put her laundry in the washing machine and left. She was pretty brave to leave her washing machine unattended after that.......:evilsmile:

P.S. The laundry room has double doors so no sound will come from the laundry room out into the hallways.

I have another funny laundry room story -- We were on a Holland ship in Alaska and we thought about a cabin directly across from the laundry room. It does get very busy in that area. The "Laundry" sign was on the ceiling in the middle of the hallway. One woman (who had a cabin there before) said "people kept knocking on her door" thinking it was the laundry room. We figured -- if we placed a dutch door there we could put up a sign -- "we take in laundry" and make our cruise ship fare paid back quite easily. We still laugh at that whenever we see the "Laundry" sign on the ship.:D

We are looking at booking a balcony cabin across the hall from the laundry room and wondered if there is alot of noise (machines or conversation) coming across the hall. This is on the Grand and is the only cabin available in that category.

Yes especially towards the end of the cruise.

We had a cabin on the Caribbean Princess directly across from the laundry room, and we didn't experience any noise at all. Since it was a two week cruise, I loved the convenience of having the laundry room so close. I wouldn't hesitate to book a room in that location again.

LOL! One almost broke out in the laundry room while watching Fox News. We did not put the TV on Fox News, we were just watching it and DH and I were commenting. In comes this woman to do laundry and she said to DH and me "I didn't come on this cruise to listen to this *****!" I told her to ignore the TV and she'll do just fine. Then she demanded that we change the channel. I told her no, we were there first, we didn't turn it on, and don't be bossing me around. She put her laundry in the washing machine and left. She was pretty brave to leave her washing machine unattended after that.......:evilsmile:

P.S. The laundry room has double doors so no sound will come from the laundry room out into the hallways.

Feel sorry for her husband having to live with that

I'm just off the Ruby Princess and I was surprised to see double doors on the laundry room and the squealing dryer wasn't heard in the hallway.

Anthony that squealing was the guy that lost the fight that morning he was underneath the dryer..😁😁😁

Sorry I couldn’t help myself.

Tony

Wow I guess it pretty quiet until the fights break out. :eek::o:rolleyes::D

Tony

She could have kept her pie hole shut, but she elected to try and command that we bend to her demands. She picked the wrong person to push around. [emoji48]

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

Just off the Emerald 28 day South Pacific cruise. We had a cabin down the hall from the laundry very quiet although you had to step around people sitting in the hallway with their laundry waiting for it to open . Two passengers did engage in fisticuffs at the laundry . I missed this event as it was not listed in the Princess Patter !