NIL Star or RCCl Rhapsody?

My husband, 2 teenaged daughters (14 & 16) and myself are planing the Venice - Greece itinerary next month. We are debating on the NIL Star or RCCL Rhapsody and are not sure which would be the better choice. We will do either an inside or ocean view cabin as we are on the end of a school artist tour through Italy and France and funds are getting low! I have read so many reviews and have completely confused myself and cannot make a decision! Would love any insiders info.

I've been on sister ships of both, and have cruised several times with both lines. I recommend Rhapsody. Entertainment is about the same, but I think Rhapsody is the nicer ship. Also, I've always experienced better service and food on Royal Caribbean than on NCL.

I've been on sister ships of both, and have cruised several times with both lines. I recommend Rhapsody. Entertainment is about the same, but I think Rhapsody is the nicer ship. Also, I've always experienced better service and food on Royal Caribbean than on NCL.

Thank you!

Good point. I think we'll stick with Rhapsody. :)

IMO - not a "good point." Ship choice is extremely important since it is your home away from home. - at the very least, it is where you eat and sleep.

It may be that some ships are quite similar - particularly in the mass market cruise industry segment. But the difference between industry segments is significant. So, if food quality or bedding or service, etc are important to you, do consider the ship as an important factor in your decision making.

IMO - not a "good point." Ship choice is extremely important since it is your home away from home. - at the very least, it is where you eat and sleep.

It may be that some ships are quite similar - particularly in the mass market cruise industry segment. But the difference between industry segments is significant. So, if food quality or bedding or service, etc are important to you, do consider the ship as an important factor in your decision making.

Based on what you are saying looks like RCCL is the best choice for us. We can't wait! Thank you!

Based on what you are saying looks like RCCL is the best choice for us. We can't wait! Thank you!

I think you're making the right choice. Those older Vision Class ships have a certain elegance about them that the brand new mega ships lack. While I also love the newest and greatest, I would cruise Rhapsody in a heartbeat.