Help with parking in nyc options for cruise

takeadip

Hi Fellow Critics:

Does anyone know what the best most affordable options would be for leaving out of NYC on the Dawn (7) day Bahamas / Florida from NYC?

We will be traveling with my DW ....DS...and DS in our cabin. Then we have in-laws in another cabin. We live 2 hours from NYC...here is what we were thinking:

1. limo/ party bus car service....round trip $$$$

2. drive (2) cars into NYC and pay for parking $$$$

3. uber (from 2 hours away) $$$$$$$$

4. Is there some hotels where if you spend the night before cruise you can park in their designated lot for the week (included in the price) (we did this for a flight out of NYC for a past vacation but not sure if its offered for cruises)

also...if we go with option #4:confused: how do we pick a hotel close to the pier where the ship sails from?

Any help of direction would be much appreciated...

cruise isnt leaving until May 25, 2019 so we have some time to consider our options...

OP: I agree that parking at the pier is absolutely the most convenient thing, but it may not be the best option here if you have to drive two cars to the city.

If you really want to explore the other options, the best place is over on the East Coast Departures board, as the question here really doesn't pertain to NCL as such, and what you are asking is regularly discussed and answered there.

Enjoy your cruise!

There is no free parking at ant NYC hotel. The cheapest option for our family of 7 is parking at the pier (one minivan). And we are only 10 mi,es away, but car service to and from NYC is expensive.

Can you take the train/bus in? Ubering/parking at the bus station or train station near your house may be significantly cheaper. Alternatively, for our 2 week trip it was cheaper to rent a car. Drive it to the port area drop it off. And pick up a new rental car for the return trip. Since you have a larger party you could probably do this with a minivan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Fellow Critics:

Does anyone know what the best most affordable options would be for leaving out of NYC on the Dawn (7) day Bahamas / Florida from NYC?

We will be traveling with my DW ....DS...and DS in our cabin. Then we have in-laws in another cabin. We live 2 hours from NYC...here is what we were thinking:

1. limo/ party bus car service....round trip $$$$

2. drive (2) cars into NYC and pay for parking $$$$

3. uber (from 2 hours away) $$$$$$$$

4. Is there some hotels where if you spend the night before cruise you can park in their designated lot for the week (included in the price) (we did this for a flight out of NYC for a past vacation but not sure if its offered for cruises)

also...if we go with option #4:confused: how do we pick a hotel close to the pier where the ship sails from?

Any help of direction would be much appreciated...

cruise isnt leaving until May 25, 2019 so we have some time to consider our options...

Hampton inn Ridgefield park in NJ 25 min ride from pier

259.99 for a park and ride for 2 people and 20$ additional for s 3rd.

Includes parking and breakfast

cruise isnt leaving until May 25, 2019 so we have some time to consider our options

cruise isnt leaving until May 25, 2019 so we have some time to consider our options

Good info... I was thinking maybe oarksleepfly. Com but for cruising... I just need to figure out how close to port I can get.. because I have seen on some hotel sites that taxis to pier is over $100 dollars... I like the idea of renting a minivan each way... I wonder if rental companies are situated at the pier like they are in airports

We are booked at the Hilton Garden Inn in Ridgefield Park, NJ, basically for the same rate. Both had good reviews and are fairly close to each other. We have a five hour drive from western PA and wanted to arrive a day early to relax before our cruise. All of the above are great options since you live so close.

You can ask this on the East Coast Departures board where this is asked frequently. If you want a Park and Cruise, you'll be in New Jersey and have to deal with getting back and forth.

Where we are staying (Hilton Garden Inn/Ridgefield Park, NJ), the package deal also includes transportation to the port before the cruise and back to the hotel after the cruise.