Stand Up Comedy Oasis (7/15/18)

The Cruise Planner for my 7/15/18 Oasis cruise offers Stand Up Comedy in Comedy Live AND the Opal Theater. The time slots are basically the same (9PM and 1030PM) on 5 of the 7 nights. There is not much of a description about the shows except that the Opal Theater show is 45 min and Comedy Live show is 1 hr.

My biggest concern is that 9 of the 13 Opal Theater shows conflict with the regular show (i.e. Cats, etc).

Can anyone shed any light on the Stand Up Comedy shows on the Oasis?

Opal Theater listings are almost surely a mistake. They have a Comedy Live venue for a reason. I was on Oasis twice last summer and the only time there was a comedy show in the main theater was near the end of the cruise for those who didn't make it to any of the other shows (since the seating in Comedy Live is pretty limited).

For our upcoming Allure cruise, we were able to book two comedy shows. Last year, we could only book one on Oasis. So I think, or at least hope, Royal has expanded the comedy offerings on Oasis class.

We are on Oasis the week before you. Two separate comedy shows are listed on the cruise planner (different venues, different nights) and I was able to book both.

Make sure the show you selected in the Opal Theater does not conflict with another show in the Opal Theater. I was on an RCCL cruise 2 years ago where there were conflicts in the cruise planner. RCCL did not figure it out until we were onboard. There solution was to reschedule one of the conflicted shows for me. Unfortunately they picked a time that conflicted with another show I had selected, so I had to reschedule that show also. The bad news about the second reschedule was that all the "good" times were full. What a mess.

• 2 months later...

I know this thread was from a few months back, but noticed my December sailing has the same issue: comedy shows available in both Comedy Live and Opal, and at the same time as Cats and Headliner in Opal.

Can anyone confirm if there is a more family friendly option one night?

I know this thread was from a few months back, but noticed my December sailing has the same issue: comedy shows available in both Comedy Live and Opal, and at the same time as Cats and Headliner in Opal.

Can anyone confirm if there is a more family friendly option one night?

I was on the Oasis 8 July. Comedy shows were every night in the small comedy venue except for the last night there was a family friendly version in Opal followed by the regular adult show at the Opal.

They are now offering an adult comedy show in the opal theatre on the last night. This can be reserved in addition to the comedy club that offers multiple showing earlier in the week. The family friendly comedy show cannot be reserved and is on night 7 but at 9:00 (or close to it) instead of the adult show on night 7 which is at appx. 10:00.

I would expect both shows to be very similar as it’s the same comedians.

Here’s a recent cruise compass showing both comedy shows on night 7.

https://issuu.com/hochmania/docs/merged.compressed_2f13b6babea3c0/1?ff=true&e=2025714/62436818

They are now offering an adult comedy show in the opal theatre on the last night. This can be reserved in addition to the comedy club that offers multiple showing earlier in the week. The family friendly comedy show cannot be reserved and is on night 7 but at 9:00 (or close to it) instead of the adult show on night 7 which is at appx. 10:00.

I would expect both shows to be very similar as it’s the same comedians.

Here’s a recent cruise compass showing both comedy shows on night 7.

https://issuu.com/hochmania/docs/merged.compressed_2f13b6babea3c0/1?ff=true&e=2025714/62436818

Thanks for the reply, and the compass. Only prob is Oasis is showing Cats in the Opal on the last night so I’m still not thinking comedy there as well.

Thanks for the reply, and the compass. Only prob is Oasis is showing Cats in the Opal on the last night so I’m still not thinking comedy there as well.

That’s strange. I can’t recall having ever seen any one of the broadway plays being shown on the last evening. Perhaps Cats is incorrectly listed. Either way one of them is wrong.

What nights is Cats listed. There should be 3 showings with one being a matinee

That’s strange. I can’t recall having ever seen any one of the broadway plays being shown on the last evening. Perhaps Cats is incorrectly listed. Either way one of them is wrong.

What nights is Cats listed. There should be 3 showings with one being a matinee

Thanks, I think they figured it out....it’s now on days 1,2, and 7, but day 7 is now at 230 instead of at night.

Entertainment listed way early for this cruise, so I anticipate some of this will continue to change.

I just booked the entertainment for our November cruise, including the Comedy Show in the theater on night 1 at 9:00. Sure enough - Cats is scheduled for 8:00!

Yep, comedy is listed every night in the opal, despite the conflict with the major shows. I think it’s a mistake, but not sure when they’ll fix it.