Guarantee Room Issue

Yesterday the supervisor from the C&A number I called said that she checked with the revenue department and told me that they did renovate that room added a sofa bed but the deck plan is not updated. Today Mr. Frau told me something different, they will put in a sofa bed in that room during peak season. He told me I can call him directly at his work phone if I don't see the sofa bed there on my embarkation day. Now I think about it, embarkation day is on Sunday, I don't think executive leaders are working in the weekend. None of this make sense.

Next time I will think twice before booking a guarantee room. When booking the guarantee room most people concerns about the location of the room, but never thought about concerns of what type of bed they will put in it for 3rd person.

Edited by StrikeEagle

Yesterday the supervisor from the C&A number I called said that she checked with the revenue department and told me that they did renovate that room added a sofa bed but the deck plan is not updated. Today Mr. Frau told me something different, they will put in a sofa bed in that room during peak season. He told me I can call him directly at his work phone if I don't see the sofa bed there on my embarkation day. Now I thought about it, embarkation day is on Sunday, I don't think executive leaders are working in the weekend. None of this make sense.

Next time I will think twice before booking a guarantee room. When booking the guarantee room most people concerns about the location of the room, but never thought about concerns of what type of bed they will put in it for 3rd person.

I'm not sure what good it would do if any but maybe you could ask Mr Frau to send you what he said in writing so you could have a paper trail to bring with you to the ship

I'm not sure what good it would do if any but maybe you could ask Mr Frau to send you what he said in writing so you could have a paper trail to bring with you to the ship

Thank you for that suggestion. I will ask him that.

Yesterday the supervisor from the C&A number I called said that she checked with the revenue department and told me that they did renovate that room added a sofa bed but the deck plan is not updated. Today Mr. Frau told me something different, they will put in a sofa bed in that room during peak season. He told me I can call him directly at his work phone if I don't see the sofa bed there on my embarkation day. Now I think about it, embarkation day is on Sunday, I don't think executive leaders are working in the weekend. None of this make sense.

This is the fishiest fish story I have ever heard from Royal Caribbean.

Strike Eagle, I wish you good luck, and can't wait to hear from you on Sunday!!! :eek:

If you have a phone number, I would call "Mr. Frau" back and ask him why they can't put you in one of the six available triples?

We didn't have an inside cabin when I sailed last week, but I was the 3rd person. It was simply a sofa with a mattress topper, with the sofa back removed. I've had interior once, and it too had a sofa. I would assume it's the same way.

Thank you everyone for your replies. When called the C&A number at first I talk with someone on the phone, then asked to talk to their supervisor, then he transfer me to a lady she claims to be from the resolution department.

Right now I'm just hoping that there is really a sofa bed in that room and the floor deck plan map is not updated as she claimed after she putting me on hold for about 5 minutes while she was checking with the revenue department.

By maritime law or policy, when booking a room for 3, is there a law or policy that the room must have a permanent bedding for 3? Permanent bedding I meant there are already beds in there for 3 people, instead of find another portable/roll away bed to put in.

Thanks

I believe you are correct. Carnival doe this a lot but I believe it can only be done on ships built before the year 2000.

If in fact that is correct then RCI should not be able to do that since the Oasis was built after the year 2000.

Bill

I wouldn't believe him.

When I had a problem with a cabin before that I was booted from because of construction I called resolutions and the "guaranteed" me nobody would be in my cabin because of said construction.

Sure enough when we boarded the ship and watched the aqua theater from our new cabin one deck up and a few back there was somebody on my old cabins balcony filming the show with his kid.

Bill

Believe me, executives work on the weekend. Their smart phones are attached to their hips:) You don’t know how many times I’ve wanted to throw my husband’s phone away. It’s ridiculous how many hours he works after he gets home from work.

If you have a phone number, I would call "Mr. Frau" back and ask him why they can't put you in one of the six available triples?

I emailed him that question including all those 6 room numbers to see what he says. The supervisor lady I talked with yesterday, the reason they can't move us into those room because they are not 4V room and she strongly said that we booked a 4V room and we can not switch to another category room. She also said there are no other 4V room for 3 available to move us into.

If they want to put a roll away bed in our room, just upgrade us to a jr. suite, it will have plenty of space for a roll away bed. :)

I got an email replied from Mr. Frau on why they can't put me in those 6 rooms. Here is a copy/paste from his email

"Thank you for your e-mail. It is a pleasure to be of further assistance.

As I stated during our conversation, your stateroom will be able to accommodate your three guests. Since you reserved an interior guarantee we will not be able to change your stateroom.

Thank you for your loyalty with Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you onboard Oasis of the Seas."

Look for any other room in that same category and change rooms.

They put him in a category 4V stateroom. Category 4V staterooms are DOUBLE OCCUPANCY. Two berths. Two people.

They CLAIM that this ONE 4V stateroom has a 3rd berth.

All of this is in all of the posts before yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OP, curious to know if you've heard anything else. I'm in the same boat (pun intended). We booked a Neighborhood Guarantee on Harmony of the Seas and have been assigned 11717. Deck plans on RCI's US web site can't be accessed for Deck 11 for our cruise date (how convenient...), but looking at them on the UK site, the room is shown as a double occupany (rather, no sofa bed or pullman). I spoke to C&A today, and when getting no where with rep, he reached out to Resolutions, and came back with their response that it would be a sofa bed (in spite of the published deck plans) or a rollaway. I asked for Resolutions directly. I've left it with them for now that Resolutions is reaching out to housekeeping on the ship to confirm what exists in the room. I've never known a guarantee to have a rollaway as the 3rd bed, and I don't want a rollaway blocking access to the balcony in the evenings. If the response is that it will be a rollaway, I'm expecting to be moved to a cabin clearly marked on the deck plans as accommodating 3 people. Which of course, in my category (4I) does not exist.

OP, curious to know if you've heard anything else. I'm in the same boat (pun intended). We booked a Neighborhood Guarantee on Harmony of the Seas and have been assigned 11717. Deck plans on RCI's US web site can't be accessed for Deck 11 for our cruise date (how convenient...), but looking at them on the UK site, the room is shown as a double occupany (rather, no sofa bed or pullman). I spoke to C&A today, and when getting no where with rep, he reached out to Resolutions, and came back with their response that it would be a sofa bed (in spite of the published deck plans) or a rollaway. I asked for Resolutions directly. I've left it with them for now that Resolutions is reaching out to housekeeping on the ship to confirm what exists in the room. I've never known a guarantee to have a rollaway as the 3rd bed, and I don't want a rollaway blocking access to the balcony in the evenings. If the response is that it will be a rollaway, I'm expecting to be moved to a cabin clearly marked on the deck plans as accommodating 3 people. Which of course, in my category (4I) does not exist.

so far when I asked Mr. Frau to put in writing that our room will have a sofa bed like what he said when he called me on the phone and the only thing I got back through his email is:

"As I stated during our conversation, your stateroom will be able to accommodate your three guests."

What he put down in writing does not mention anything about the sofa bed in the email vs. what he told me verbally on the phone. Room accommodate your three guests better not be a roll away bed for my daughter.

In my situation, currently there is not a sofa bed in the room, but they said will put one during peak season.

Here is another web site to view deck plans for Oasis

http://www.royalcaribbeanincentives.com/ship/oasis-of-the-seas/deck-plan/

Edited by StrikeEagle

When my grandkids visit, one gets a cot, the other a blow up camping bed. They never seemed to mind. What's the big deal over a sleeper couch and or cot?

You are comparing apples to orange. Free sleeping arrangement in a house for your grand kids vs. a limited space small cabin for 3 adults on a cruise ship which you paid for.

On a cruise ship, an interior room is small, it will takes up lots of space for a roll away bed, even when it is fold up. Plus my daughter is 13 years old, the roll away bed will be uncomfortable smaller size comparing to a sofa bed. When booking through Royal Caribbean, 13 years old and above are classified as adults, we book a room for 3 adults, her cruise cost is the same as any other adults, why put 3 adults in a room designated for 2 and put in a temporary rollaway bed.

Edited by StrikeEagle

so far when I asked Mr. Frau to put in writing that our room will have a sofa bed like what he said when he called me on the phone and the only thing I got back through his email is:

"As I stated during our conversation, your stateroom will be able to accommodate your three guests."

What he put down in writing does not mention anything about the sofa bed in the email vs. what he told me verbally on the phone. Room accommodate your three guests better not be a roll away bed for my daughter.

In my situation, currently there is not a sofa bed in the room, but they said will put one during peak season.

Here is another web site to view deck plans for Oasis

http://www.royalcaribbeanincentives.com/ship/oasis-of-the-seas/deck-plan/

Thanks for the update and info. I'm hesitant to trust them at their word that a sleeper sofa will be in the room during peak season. It sounds to me like they're just removing the pillow backs and slapping some sheets on the sofa, which is not what I paid for. I'll let you know what, if anything, I hear from them.

I just sent Mr. Frau another email asking the same question second time, to put in writing that our room will have a sofa bed. Here is the copy/paste of what I wrote:

"Dear Mr. Frau:

Can you put in writing that our room will have a sofa bed as you told me on the phone? In your previous email it only said "your stateroom will be able to accommodate your three guests" it doesn't not say anything about the sofa bed.

Accomodate 3 guests can meant anything such as put in a roll away bed for 3rd person.

I'm hoping it is not a roll away bed which will put near the sofa and put a sheet or mattress on top to join the roll away bed with the sofa.

I'm expecting a room designated for 3 which will have a sofa bed. A sofa bed is a bed that fold out from a sofa and during the day time I can fold it and tuck it away inside of the sofa.

Thanks

"