Emerald status - how do you request your welcome aboard amenity?

I realize this is a very minor thing in the big scheme of things, but I read somewhere that once you are an emerald member you can receive a welcome amenity which normally includes a snack and bottle of water. I also read that you can request a soft drink instead of water, which I'd like to do. I've tried everything and spent way more time than a free soft drink is worth, but now it's a challenge that I can't give up. How in the world do I request the soft drink? I went to royalcaribbean.com/upgrade preferences which is what I was told to do but see nothing that says "preferences" and see no form to fill out to list my preferences. Help?

We have requested through our reservation. Is that no longer an option?

The functionality does not exist after the latest reduction in website functionality. You might still be able to go in through the an older page, but I expect that to be disabled soon.

I realize this is a very minor thing in the big scheme of things, but I read somewhere that once you are an emerald member you can receive a welcome amenity which normally includes a snack and bottle of water. I also read that you can request a soft drink instead of water, which I'd like to do. I've tried everything and spent way more time than a free soft drink is worth, but now it's a challenge that I can't give up. How in the world do I request the soft drink? I went to royalcaribbean.com/upgrade preferences which is what I was told to do but see nothing that says "preferences" and see no form to fill out to list my preferences. Help?

Hope this helps

• Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members will receive welcome waters & a snack (“welcome amenity”) on day one of their sailing. These items will be placed in the guest’s stateroom. In addition, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members can go online to http://www.RoyalCaribbean. com/UpgradePreferences or call one of our Loyalty Representatives (http://www.RoyalCaribbean.com/ContactLoyalty) in their local offices to preselect from a list of beverages to be included with their welcome waters & snack. One beverage can be selected per guest 18 years of age or older. Preferences must be entered or updated for your upcoming cruise vacation up to 5 days before a US based sailing and 7 days for an internationally based sailing. The beverage selection list for Emerald and Diamond members will include water,juice and soda items. In addition to the previous list Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members can select from a more expanded list of beverages. If a guest has not selected an item then bottled water will be sent to the stateroom. House alcoholic brands may be substituted or changed, and are subject to availability.

Hope this helps

• Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members will receive welcome waters & a snack (“welcome amenity”) on day one of their sailing. These items will be placed in the guest’s stateroom. In addition, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members can go online to www.RoyalCaribbean. com/UpgradePreferences or call one of our Loyalty Representatives (www.RoyalCaribbean.com/ContactLoyalty) in their local offices to preselect from a list of beverages to be included with their welcome waters & snack. One beverage can be selected per guest 18 years of age or older. Preferences must be entered or updated for your upcoming cruise vacation up to 5 days before a US based sailing and 7 days for an internationally based sailing. The beverage selection list for Emerald and Diamond members will include water,juice and soda items. In addition to the previous list Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members can select from a more expanded list of beverages. If a guest has not selected an item then bottled water will be sent to the stateroom. House alcoholic brands may be substituted or changed, and are subject to availability.

This is what I read prior to posting here and I tried to follow these directions exactly. But when I went to the website it directs me to, there is no place to list my preferences. I wonder if it's like what others mentioned and it doesn't work anymore. To me, if RCCL is going to no longer honor this benefit, they should remove it from the Emerald benefit lists. (Wishful thinking, I know.)

And obviously, I know I can call C&A, but having the ability to select it online is so much more convenient, both for them and me.

• 3 weeks later...

kac0426,

I'm so glad you posted this thread because I have spent hours trying to do exactly the same thing. I really don't like this new 'Dashboard', it takes you around in circles.

Also, whatever happened to the crown and anchor club web page where you could select if you wanted to take advantage of a room upgrade if available?

kac0426,

I'm so glad you posted this thread because I have spent hours trying to do exactly the same thing. I really don't like this new 'Dashboard', it takes you around in circles.

Also, whatever happened to the crown and anchor club web page where you could select if you wanted to take advantage of a room upgrade if available?

Those options are no yet available on the new website. Call C&A if you need to change anything.

I also just became Emerald and assume that whatever we are entitled to would be in our cabins .

I also just became Emerald and assume that whatever we are entitled to would be in our cabins .

If you don't specify a preference, they give you one bottle of water.

The functionality does not exist after the latest reduction in website functionality. You might still be able to go in through the an older page, but I expect that to be disabled soon.

Looks like your right, one of the older links mentioned by another poster is not redirected to the reduced functionality site.

PS, Reduced functionality is actually very on target. After checking the link just discussed I logged in to make a payment on my September cruise and when I clicked on my reservation it gave me a summary of my reservation number and sailing date. When I clicked on MAKE A PAYMENT it cleared the screen then asked me for my reservation number and sailing date. Poor usability design! Remember to copy your reservation number before hitting enter. I can remember my sailing dates, but not reservation numbers.

Thank you for the link. I'm Emerald and could change my preferences through that link

I tried that link. I was able to verify my gift presence, but when I tried to look at any other preference on that list, it would got back to the reduced functionality page. (Hoping Bob hasn't trademarked that phrase yet)

I tried the link and it worked great. My question is am I allowed to change my wife's preference also? Or does she need to log in to her own account to change hers?

Your wife's preference needs to be changed in her account.

I tried the link and it worked great. My question is am I allowed to change my wife's preference also? Or does she need to log in to her own account to change hers?

She would have to do her own.

I would be VERY cautious, using an old web page and expecting complete functionality. You may be able to change your preference, but that may not do anything for real.

Why not just CALL, and be sure it is in the system?

Dumb question. On the drink preference, for water - how many bottles are given and what kind? I was going to order the Evian bottles but I really don't need a dozen of those large bottles for a 5 day cruise! I'd be bringing half of those home. Thanks in advance