Symphony Late Departure Option?

Hi All,

If anyone is on Symphony, would you mind asking if the "Late Departure Option" is being offered yet on Symphony sailings yet?

Last I was told it was a planned option but not yet available for the ship as they continue putting it through its motions. Please let me know if you can.

Thanks!

WHAT DOES LATE DEPARTURE MEAN?

Guests will now have the option to leave the ship at their leisure! Instead of waiting for

late flights at the airport, guests can remain onboard up until 90 minutes prior to our next

sailing’s departure for a fee of $35 per person.

ALL SHIPS SAILING IN EUROPE ARE PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROGRAM!

This service will be sold online as a day of departure shore excursion.

READY TO RESERVE?

Reserve online now at http://www.RoyalCaribbean.com/shoreexcursions. Be sure to search by

Port/City (select port of departure). Please note, no exit and re-entry to the ship will be

permitted on the day of departure. Space is limited.

GUESTS CAN...

• Relax inside their stateroom until 9:00 am the day of departure

• Lounge by the pool or bask in a whirlpool

• Unwind in our solarium, Day Spa or Fitness Center

• Enjoy lunch in the Windjammer Café

• Stay onboard and enjoy some of the ship’s services

WHAT DOES LATE DEPARTURE MEAN?

Guests will now have the option to leave the ship at their leisure! Instead of waiting for

late flights at the airport, guests can remain onboard up until 90 minutes prior to our next

sailing’s departure for a fee of $35 per person.

ALL SHIPS SAILING IN EUROPE ARE PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROGRAM!

This service will be sold online as a day of departure shore excursion.

READY TO RESERVE?

Reserve online now at www.RoyalCaribbean.com/shoreexcursions. Be sure to search by

Port/City (select port of departure). Please note, no exit and re-entry to the ship will be

permitted on the day of departure. Space is limited.

GUESTS CAN...

• Relax inside their stateroom until 9:00 am the day of departure

• Lounge by the pool or bask in a whirlpool

• Unwind in our solarium, Day Spa or Fitness Center

• Enjoy lunch in the Windjammer Café

• Stay onboard and enjoy some of the ship’s services

Yes. That’s what the website says for a generic answer. But as of two weeks ago they were not participating on Symphony yet. That’s why I was wanting someone actually on the ship to ask.

I asked the concierge and they are still not offering this yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for checking. Did they give any indication when they will add it as a service?

If not, will they allow you to store your luggage at the terminal in Barecelona for a few hours so you can delay going to the airport?

• 2 weeks later...

We are cruisingin August 2018 and this option is available on our Excursions list, at £27.30

We are thinking of doing this but wonder what happens with our luggage? How late are we allowed to stay on ship? Our flight is at 3pm disembarkation day and wondered if we left the ship at 12:30 would this be ample time? Sorry for what might appear daft questions, haven't done this befoe and is my first cruise with Royal Carribean.

How late are we allowed to stay on ship?

Says in post 2 of this thread: 90 min pior to departure ;)!

Your bags will pretty likely sit in the baggage hall of the terminal till you pick them up.

steamboats

I’m seeing the Stay Awhile option, but in Barcelona, which is our fourth day [emoji15][emoji28] are they not offering this in civitavechia?

I don´t think so. Barcelona is the home port for turn overs. Civitavecchia is just an interporting port where only 1/3 of the passengers do disembark.

steamboats

I don´t think so. Barcelona is the home port for turn overs. Civitavecchia is just an interporting port where only 1/3 of the passengers do disembark.

steamboats

Thanks for the reply. Since so much fewer people disembark in Civitavecchia I would have thought allowing people to stay onboard longer would be easier at that port than in Barcelona, since it has much less of an effect on the number of people onboard. Too bad...I think I’ll try to ask at guest services if they’ll let us stay for a fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is something I enquired about on another sailing. We were told that we would need to hang onto our hand luggage (no storage option) which for me took away some of the benefit.

I have done several cruises with late flights. My preferred option is to book a day room, dump by luggage there and then make the most of the remaining day at the port. I usually book a hotel near the airport.

• 2 months later...

We have done this many times and it's great for late afternoon or evening flights. No problem getting taxis to get to airport and you just walk off.

Most things are shut down betwen 9 -12 whilst they prepare for the new arrivals but public areas such as pools and solarium are available. Had to keep our cases with us, so plan for separate trips to windjammer etc or ask someone to mind your cases whilst you both go. Cannot use your sea pass for purchases/ drinks etc so only free stuff, water tea coffee etc.

Very other sailing I have been on has offered this from Barcelona ( Liberty, Independence , Allure, Freedom)

Good luck, we are sailing 16th Sept!

It was great for us. The only note I have is that when we disembarked there were no porters for luggage. The luggage was sitting waiting for us on the carousel. We asked for help three times and they kept saying they would get someone but no one showed up. After about 15 minutes we just carried it ourselves which was not easy with two little kids.