Travel agent

This would be considered a group booking and all the cabins should have been discounted to account for that. And no, you shouldn't have had to even ask for it.

Group bookings aren't necessarily discounted unless the TA had them tucked away at a lower rate. Otherwise they are the same cost as booking a single cabin at current cost.

As others have said ask about perks next time. We cruise 1-2 times a year and every other year we go BIG. Our TA knows this and we always get something. Free specialty restaurant, OBC and free spa treatment. Next time ask around.

This is a learning experience

I don’t care if it’s a group or not. There are perks to booking through an agent. Like I said I always pay less then royals rate because they put me in a group booking and I never pay gratuities plus I get more OBC. I would have know problem calling for you and demanding something or I would take my business elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Group bookings aren't necessarily discounted unless the TA had them tucked away at a lower rate. Otherwise they are the same cost as booking a single cabin at current cost.

Check Royal Caribbeans web site on this issue. Then maybe you'll revise your comment if you want to be correct.

What do you think I need to ck?

RCL’s requirement for group bookings. Google Royal Caribbean group bookings. Against my better judgement I’ll you what you’ll find. 1) You don’t have to book groups directly through them. 2) You can use a travel agency. My favorite online agency offers it on their website. Anybody looking to line one up can do it using either the cruiseline or T.A. as long as you needa minimum of eight cabins double occupancy. You and you group will get a monetary benefit depending on number of cabins and category.

RCL’s requirement for group bookings. Google Royal Caribbean group bookings. Against my better judgement I’ll you what you’ll find. 1) You don’t have to book groups directly through them. 2) You can use a travel agency. My favorite online agency offers it on their website. Anybody looking to line one up can do it using either the cruiseline or T.A. as long as you needa minimum of eight cabins double occupancy. You and you group will get a monetary benefit depending on number of cabins and category.

As a former TA, you aren't teaching me anything

I would see what Royal would offer me directly and compare with a travel agent.

Per Royal's website:

What kind of discounts are available for group reservations?

We do offer a cruise credit for every 8 staterooms (with a minimum of 16 guests) that sail with your group. The cruise credit can be used towards the base cost of one person's fare in your group, or spread across one or more fares in your group. The cruise credit will be allocated in the stateroom category equal to the stateroom category in which there are the greatest number of staterooms that sail in your group.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Per Royal's website:

We do offer a cruise credit for every 8 staterooms (with a minimum of 16 guests) that sail with your group. The cruise credit can be used towards the base cost of one person's fare in your group, or spread across one or more fares in your group. The cruise credit will be allocated in the stateroom category equal to the stateroom category in which there are the greatest number of staterooms that sail in your group.

This has been the case for decades

A travel agent would always offer at least that on top of the amenities that come with the group booking. Often $100 OBC or equivalent per cabin depending on the specific cruise

The TA could also offer OBC for each cabin just the same as an individual booking

The TA could also offer other amenities such as OBC

Edited by cruisinfanatic

This and only the large agencies can even discount those. A small agency doesn't have the same commission rate as a large bulk rate agency. It's impossible to guess without knowing that one agency's commission rate, but $750-$1,000 in perks does not sound unreasonable for your suite and because you led the tour group.

This would be considered a group booking and all the cabins should have been discounted to account for that. And no, you shouldn't have had to even ask for it.

That's what I thought. OP shouldn't have even had to ask for that. In the TA's defense the rooms might be discounted and the OP doesn't realize it because they don't know with the rooms are selling for on Royal at the time of the booking.

Per Royal's website:

I knew I read this somewhere years ago. I remember it being in a CC article at one time.