Favorite Entrees, Appetizers, Desserts????

What is it with pies? NCL pies are awful too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I typically cruise NCL (they have the most generous rates for solo cruisers especially for last minute rates). I found the food is pretty bad myself especially the desserts. The only time of day that I really like their food is breakfast because that food is pretty difficult to mess up. I've heard that Carnival has worse food, but I would be surprised if anything could be worse than NCL.

I typically cruise NCL (they have the most generous rates for solo cruisers especially for last minute rates). I found the food is pretty bad myself especially the desserts. The only time of day that I really like their food is breakfast because that food is pretty difficult to mess up. I've heard that Carnival has worse food, but I would be surprised if anything could be worse than NCL.

Really? I like the NCL food. I usually eat a lot of fish in the MDR and never had a bad meal. For lunch love the Indian choices on the buffet along with the burgers. I find food on cruises (NCL, RC, Disney) to be salty in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have to ask as I have never heard of Bitter & Blanc... what is it?

Kind of like a soufflé. Some people says its like bread pudding but my experiences with bread pudding is that they are gross This is not gross. Its a yellow/white cake mostly with some chocolate in it. And they have this vanilla type of sauce that goes over it to make it gooey. Its pretty good- not my absolute favorite.

I like the black forest gateau (its like black forest cake) or the amaretto cake much better. And funny, because I am not really a cake person.

As far as my other favs- they may have changed the menus since I last travelled but I like:

Apps- spring rolls, several of the soups, stuffed mushrooms and the SAUCE from the escargot (I could not wrap my head around actually eating the escargot itself but the sauce is like shrimp scampi sauce).

Mains- chateaubriand, short ribs, lobster

What are your favorite Entrees, Appetizers, Desserts on Carnival Cruises?

Stuffed Mushrooms

Escargot

Shrimp Cocktail

Pumpkin Soup (Savory and Really good!)

Mushroom Soup

Portabella Mushroom

Melon and Panchetta

Ceasar Salad

Caprese Salad

Prime Rib

Short Rib/Filet Duo

Grilled Pork Chop with Apples

Grilled Shrimp

Meat Lasagna

Smore Parfait (to die for - ordered 2 one night on cruise a couple weeks ago!)

Chocolate Melting Cake

Grand Marnier Souffle

Baked Alaska

Kind of like a soufflé. Some people says its like bread pudding but my experiences with bread pudding is that they are gross This is not gross. Its a yellow/white cake mostly with some chocolate in it. And they have this vanilla type of sauce that goes over it to make it gooey. Its pretty good- not my absolute favorite.

I like the black forest gateau (its like black forest cake) or the amaretto cake much better. And funny, because I am not really a cake person.

As far as my other favs- they may have changed the menus since I last travelled but I like:

Apps- spring rolls, several of the soups, stuffed mushrooms and the SAUCE from the escargot (I could not wrap my head around actually eating the escargot itself but the sauce is like shrimp scampi sauce).

Mains- chateaubriand, short ribs, lobster

Thank you for the answer! That does sound yummy! I will have to try it next year on my cruise!