Pricing problem......

cruisefreaks

I have a Trans-Atlantic cruise booked on the Pursuit, March 20, 2019 Rio to Lisbon. My travel agent insists the best rate she can get using the RCCL booking engine for a V2 is 7348.00 plus port.

When I called Azamara I am told the price is $5848.00 plus port. There is a special $1500.00 promo going on. My travel agent is not able to get that rate............

What's going on???

That is a lot of $$$$$ I would be talking to some other TAs or booking with Azamara and then transferring the booking to a TA who has some real incentives.

Also, be sure to ask your TA if they are doing the Save/Spend deal using the Spend pricing that gives you more OBC or the Save pricing that saves you money up front.

We had the same issue several weeks ago. Our TA ended up talking to upper level supervisor before they acknowledged issues with the pricing. Our TA really earned her money on this. You might want yours to call tomorrow and have it moved up the ladder. Do not see a contact name on the paperwork, and our TA is on her way back from Hawaii and all of the excitement.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well I called Azamara this morning. Explained that my Agent could not get the same rate that Azamara was offering. 1st agent.....HUH, that's weird. May I speak to a supervisor? Super comes on and says, Oh yea, that happens sometimes. She seemed to think it was funny. Will call back to the LCV desk when I have more time to waste.......... AZAMARA, I doubt that your travel agent partners find it funny.

I had the same issue when the Save/Spend promotion first started.

My TA was quoting quite a bit higher than I could book on my own through Azamara.

I ended up booking through Azamara & then transferring the booking to the TA which gave me an additional discount.

It was really quite easy.

Well I called Azamara this morning. Explained that my Agent could not get the same rate that Azamara was offering. 1st agent.....HUH, that's weird. May I speak to a supervisor? Super comes on and says, Oh yea, that happens sometimes. She seemed to think it was funny. Will call back to the LCV desk when I have more time to waste.......... AZAMARA, I doubt that your travel agent partners find it funny.

Donna, I have had issues from time to time too. You have to watch the pricing carefully because mistakes happen. I know you are in a different marketplace to me, but doing a conversion of the rate that latter figure on the Azamara site looks correct.

The US offer seems to operate differently and a promo code is required. Perhaps your ta isn't inputting it? It's all built in here in the UK.

I book with a ta, but am always armed with the pricing before I call so have a rough idea of what is what.

Phil