Chair Hogs New Low

It's not a good idea to tell others that everyone is effected by the sun. Not everyone is effected negatively! Use proper SPF and limit your exposer time.

OK... clearly you are not getting it. It does AFFECT everyone that has human skin. Just because you do not see/feel an EFFECT does not mean it is absent. Basic physiology here.

I mean by your rationale, then those who are smokers, and are not hacking, don't have COPD, and do not have cancer... well it must not affect them. :rolleyes:

OK... clearly you are not getting it. It does AFFECT everyone that has human skin. Just because you do not see/feel an EFFECT does not mean it is absent. Basic physiology here.

I mean by your rationale, then those who are smokers, and are not hacking, don't have COPD, and do not have cancer... well it must not affect them. :rolleyes:

Name a few.

Signs that I'm damaging my body by exposing myself to the suns harmful UV. Not including melanoma or carcinoma .

Again... I did not say you would see all signs... read my post again that you quoted and asked me to name a few. Just like I said... you would not necessarily see signs that a smoker is affected... but they are.

What is definitely happening is the breaking of molecular bonds and interfering with apoptosis. Just because you have gone 60 years without a problem does not mean you cannot develop a problem... tomorrow.

But as I said before... I’m not saying you should stop. Enjoy your life... just shouldn’t tell people that the sun will not affect some people, just because those people do not see an effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Again... I did not say you would see all signs... read my post again that you quoted and asked me to name a few. Just like I said... you would not necessarily see signs that a smoker is affected... but they are.

What is definitely happening is the breaking of molecular bonds and interfering with apoptosis. Just because you have gone 60 years without a problem does not mean you cannot develop a problem... tomorrow.

But as I said before... I’m not saying you should stop. Enjoy your life... just shouldn’t tell people that the sun will not affect some people, just because those people do not see an effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll continue to take the precautions I always have taken that have work for me the last 60 plus years (almost 70) and enjoy the sun and it's benefits. Love my vitamin D. I'll still stand behind my original statement. Now my wife falls in the group less sun is better. Peace.

Signs that I'm damaging my body by exposing myself to the suns harmful UV. Not including melanoma or carcinoma . To stay on topic, at least I'm not a chair hog.

We did take it off topic... ugh. Sorry thread & OP.

I am not a chair hog either, and for those that want to sit by the pool, I really wish the lines would do something about those that chair hog.

We did take it off topic... ugh. Sorry thread & OP.

I am not a chair hog either, and for those that want to sit by the pool, I really wish the lines would do something about those that chair hog.

We do agree on one thing. I too believe the best place to sit is the deck above the pool, looking out at the sea/ocean drift by on a sea day while enjoying my BP.

We do agree on one thing. I too believe the best place to sit is the deck above the pool, looking out at the sea/ocean drift by on a sea day while enjoying my BP.

Well we are both on this site, so I bet we agree on a lot of things. :)

I'm too sensitive to the heat, so I do not sit up there... I sit on the same deck as the pool, just under the cover facing the ocean. I try to find the cleanest glass so I can see the ocean. I can sit there for hours doing nothing but watching the ocean.

Well we are both on this site, so I bet we agree on a lot of things. :)

I'm too sensitive to the heat, so I do not sit up there... I sit on the same deck as the pool, just under the cover facing the ocean. I try to find the cleanest glass so I can see the ocean. I can sit there for hours doing nothing but watching the ocean.

Enjoy your upcoming cruise. Bon Voyage. :cool::champagne-toast:

I have you all beat for chair hogs. i was on the carnival out of Baltimore last year. about 6:30 am on our way to breakfast and passed the pool area and 2 employees were on the pool deck --1 watching and 1 putting out about 20 towels on the prime chairs. the one putting out the towels looked at me and jumped and started to talk and then she closed her mouth.

Been while but witnessed Royal do that. after while they'd remove towels so the Prime Seats weren't reserved early...

The Best way to beat the chair hogs it to beat them at their own game.

Get up earlier then them and put my stuff out on a few chairs.

This keeps the chair hogs from claiming them.

Works every time for me.....

That’s what I do. Except along with putting my stuff down, I plop myself right down in the chair. No one is going to move my fat butt. Chair hogs don’t bother me.

Someone should introduce you to this magnificent new discovery called sunscreen.

"Among widely used modern sunscreens, one of the earliest was produced in 1944 for the US military by Benjamin Green, an airman and later Pharmacist, as the hazards of sun overexposure became apparent to soldiers in the Pacific tropics at the height of World War 2"... Amazing how many things are developed, made or used better by the Military.

"Among widely used modern sunscreens, one of the earliest was produced in 1944 for the US military by Benjamin Green, an airman and later Pharmacist, as the hazards of sun overexposure became apparent to soldiers in the Pacific tropics at the height of World War 2"... Amazing how many things are developed, made or used better by the Military.

Surely you recognized my post as sarcasm, right? Please?

Umm not sure where you got this... but yes everyone has skin issues with being exposed to the Suns ultra violet rays. Those with higher melanin have slightly less issues, but still have issues. Even the slightest tan is skin damage.

As far as sunscreen, you need to apply it every couple hours, unless you have been swimming then you should apply immediately after. Especially with those "waterproof" versions.

I'm not saying that you should not do what you like, by all means it is only affecting you so do as you wish. Just saying that the statement quoted above is false.

Love your debate about sunbathing but at some point during the day you do need to leave a small window of time with no suncream on. This allows the skin to adsorb vit D from the sun thus preventing rickets. Not sure about US but in UK cases of rickets are on the increase.

I'm a shade person and hate chair hogs :cool:

My answer..... Grab my pillow and a blanket and sleep on the chair all night

;-)

Funny you should mention that. On one of our cruises I was walking the track early one morning and there was a guy doing exactly that. Not sure if he was securing a lounger for the day or was kicked to the curb. ;p

The new low was pair of CHs who left their bags on two chairs in the shade and proceeded to go to their chairs in the sun on another part of the ship. They never sat in the shade chairs but did come back a couple of times to get items from their bags.

Nothing new here, we have been seeing the same behaviour for years.

Last Magesty cruise we had a family of 6 holding onto 12 chairs, same routine 6 in the shade and 6 by the pool.

The staff were not really interested. I expressed my anoyance and moved on.