MSC Seaview delivery delayed slightly

cshim

I haven't received a call or email from MSC yet regarding my cancellation (Roundtrip Marseille June 6 to June 9). Thank you for the members who posted information. I would never have found out without this forum. I find it very inconsiderate that MSC knew the cruise is definitely cancelled prior to May 8 and today still no word from them (booked through MSC USA). It's a shame that a majority of the passengers are unaware at this time unless they read the forum.

I have a flight booked to Marseille (Party of 7) from the US and if they are not able to refund my flight it is proving very difficult to find a hotel there as most are fully booked without being 10+ miles from the center.

Best of luck to those affected in finding other arrangements. It is relieving to read Ashling's post and the help MSC provides but we have yet to hear from them.

Hi same situation for us , we booked the cruise starting 06. june from Marseille, until this moment not any email or information from MSC Germany regarding any cancellation , I wrote 3 emails and asked to explain the current situation , but nobody did respond until now. This is an impudence of the shipping company to treat customers in this way.

I spoke to MSC USA this morning. They are working diligently to notify and refund money to customers on the cancelled cruise. As for passengers booked on the June 8th cruise out of Barcelona, a couple options are being offered: refund vs. sailing out of Genoa on the 10th with MSC covering additional traveling expenses.

Hi same situation for us , we booked the cruise starting 06. june from Marseille, until this moment not any email or information from MSC Germany regarding any cancellation , I wrote 3 emails and asked to explain the current situation , but nobody did respond until now. This is an impudence of the shipping company to treat customers in this way.

Still no contact from MSC as of now. Cannot proceed with canceling any flights or hotel bookings without knowing refund information. Every day that is going by is putting me on pins and needles since its another day wasted that I could of been securing other arrangements. I do not understand why they can't just send out a mass email to all those affected then give a personal call later? Is it because they need to know how many spots are left over for the June 10th cruise out of Genoa to offer to the next passengers? Sounds like they are starting with passengers booked closest to June 10th first then moving on to the next round of passengers booked the day before.

I spoke to MSC USA this morning. They are working diligently to notify and refund money to customers on the cancelled cruise. As for passengers booked on the June 8th cruise out of Barcelona, a couple options are being offered: refund vs. sailing out of Genoa on the 10th with MSC covering additional traveling expenses.

May I ask if they called you or you had to reach out to MSC? Are you able to share the extent of what MSC will refund? Flights? Hotel stay prior to the cruise? Pre-booked Transportation? Was the cruise fare refund immediate and I assume any refund for flights need a receipt of change or cancellation from the airline? Say if I cancel my airfare now will MSC still refund me even though they have not contacted me prior to doing so or was given a consent of a refund from them yet? Any idea of how long this will take to receive from MSC? Thank you so much.

I reached out to MSC (several times). Having a google search alert on the ship, I found out about the delay the day it was announced. It took me a couple days of calling customer service to reach the USA contact who is handling cancelations, etc. Even after contacting the correct person, I too do not know for sure if our family will be granted sailing out of Genoa. They are still hashing out the details with MSC headquarters. To my knowledge, any passengers on the short cruise will be cancelled. You have rights to reimbursement (travel expenses included) according to the EU Maritime Passengers code as MSC is a European company and you were boarding in a European port.

Has anyone else corresponded with MSC regarding the delay? Just curious what arrangements have been made for passengers affected by the date push-back and rerouted to Genoa for embarkation. I had decent communication with the company last week and have been ghosted this week.