Passport question

rduke

I was getting my passport out to fill out my Fun Pass and I noticed that my passport expired last summer. I checked Travel Documentation on Carnival webcite and it said for proof of cititzenship in the form of a passport(valid or expired less than 10 years)So I can carry my passport as that proof. My question pertains to the Fun Pass. In the passport section it will not allow me to put in the year 1995 so I was just going to put in 1996 to get my Fun Pass to print. Anyone see any problem with this? As I cruise in Febuary I doubt if I have enough time to get the pass port renewed.:confused:

This thread double posted for some reason so since it really is a FunPass question anyway I just renamed it!!:D

I was getting my passport out to fill out my Fun Pass and I noticed that my passport expired last summer. I checked Travel Documentation on Carnival webcite and it said for proof of cititzenship in the form of a passport(valid or expired less than 10 years)So I can carry my passport as that proof. My question pertains to the Fun Pass. In the passport section it will not allow me to put in the year 1995 so I was just going to put in 1996 to get my Fun Pass to print. Anyone see any problem with this? As I cruise in Febuary I doubt if I have enough time to get the pass port renewed.:confused:

This thread double posted for some reason so since it really is a FunPass question anyway I just renamed it!!:D

I would call Carnival just to make sure. I applied for a new passport and it only took 7 weeks to receive. They also offered expedited service for a fee. Carnival helpdesk is open 24/7.

I think if you are going in mid to late February you can get your renewal if you send it out Tuesday (1/3)

It is illegal to do that.. Why take the chance. I got my passport in two weeks. Expidited.

The fun pass is meaningless. You still have to wait in line at the terminal and I still had to provide passports to the clerk. Im not sure what the benifit of the passes are.. Enjoy the ship.. It is fantastic

We ran into the same problem while filling out our Fun Pass. We decided to use my husband's birth certificate and driver's license instead of the passport for that reason. However, you can call Carnival and ask them to put the correct date in over the phone, I guess (not doing it online at all).

I'm confused too - any passport dated 1995 would be more than 10 years out of date in 2006....

I'm confused too - any passport dated 1995 would be more than 10 years out of date in 2006.... maybe they want the date that it expires (2004 if I'm reading your email right?)?

Apply for the passport NOW and you might have it in time

I'd renew it. If it doesn't come in time, use your birth certificate to get on the ship.

I cruised once when my passport was expired (by 2 weeks)... it was not a problem at all, they will take it up to 10 years expired. Take your BC along just in case (other countries will not accept an expired passport)... as for the fun pass, I just checked that I was bringing along BC/DL and didn't fill out the passport info... at checkin, I showed them my passport. It wasn't an issue. Just skip it on the funpass.

Archived