Passport question

rduke

I was getting my passport out to fill out my Fun Pass and I noticed that my passport expired last summer. I checked Travel Documentation on Carnival webcite and it said for proof of cititzenship in the form of a passport(valid or expired less than 10 years)So I can carry my passport as that proof. My question pertains to the Fun Pass. In the passport section it will not allow me to put in the year 1995 so I was just going to put in 1996 to get my Fun Pass to print. Anyone see any problem with this? As I cruise in Febuary I doubt if I have enough time to get the pass port renewed.:confused:

I was getting my passport out to fill out my Fun Pass and I noticed that my passport expired last summer. I checked Travel Documentation on Carnival webcite and it said for proof of cititzenship in the form of a passport(valid or expired less than 10 years)So I can carry my passport as that proof. My question pertains to the Fun Pass. In the passport section it will not allow me to put in the year 1995 so I was just going to put in 1996 to get my Fun Pass to print. Anyone see any problem with this? As I cruise in Febuary I doubt if I have enough time to get the pass port renewed.:confused:

I renewed my passport and had it in less than 4 weeks. you can expidite them to get then faster. Depending on where you are going they changed the passport rules that you may not need the passport anyway, so check that before you panic.

I just booked our cruise last week and our travel agent told us that they had pushed back the Passport requirement for yet another year, so we could use our birth certificates as verification. My son and I have our Passports, but hubby has procrastinated and hasn't gotten his yet.

At any rate, she said not to worry about it but I'm not letting him off the hook - we are still getting it this week - if I know him (and I do!) he will keep putting it off and not do it unless he does it now! ;)

You can always expedite a renewal. Since it is only 1 year past expiration you don't have to jump through a bunch of hoops. Don't know what the charge is to speed it through, something like $40-50 bucks extra that gets it back to you in less than a week, express delivery. What the heck, do it. Then you can forget about it for another 11 years (1 year for forgetting again)!!! I had to do that about 6 years ago when the company I worked for said, Oh, you have to be in Paris is 3 weeks, got mine back in about 3 days.

Rduke - Your question was could you put in 1996 instead of 1995. Sure, you can. If they question it later, it should pose no problem, as you can use an expired passport as your ID.:)

You could probably get a new passport in time, but you really don't need to for the upcoming cruise.

FYI: DO NOT INTENTIONALLY PUT ANY FALSE INFO ON THE FUN PASS.

If that information is provided to federal authorities the result might be very unplesant.

Rduke - Your question was could you put in 1996 instead of 1995. Sure, you can. If they question it later, it should pose no problem, as you can use an expired passport as your ID.:)

You could probably get a new passport in time, but you really don't need to for the upcoming cruise.

Cotton-thanks for the advice....you have been around a long time so I believe you know what you are talking about. I was really wanting for some one like you to weigh in this delema!!:D

Cotton-thanks for the advice....you have been around a long time so I believe you know what you are talking about. I was really wanting for some one like you to weigh in this delema!!:D

Must dispute what Cotton has to say. DO NOT provide wrong info. It is probably given to TSA and federal prison doesn't sound very fun.

It appears that you don't sail until March. If that is the case, you should have plenty of time to renew your passport. If not, carry other photo ID and an original birth certificate. Don't wait until the last minute to find the BC or renew.

I don't know what, if any, consequences there would be by putting false information on the Fun Pass. If you aren't sailing until March, you don't need to print it out yet and you have time to either get the renewed passport and use the correct info from that or use the info from your BC now.

Archived