Mobile Passport

Hi guys! Quick question for anyone who has used that Mobile Passport app. So when you open it up, it asks how you're traveling into the US and if you're traveling by airplane or cruise ship. But if we're going from NY to FL then going on a cruise ship to other countries?? How exactly do we start this? I know people have used it throughout the US before and for cruises so just asking a few tips on how to go about this! Also is it safe to have your passport info on this app?? Thanks so much!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That app is for when you come back. It doesn't care about the trip, just how you plan to enter AFTER trip is over. Yes, app is secure. you enter your passport info, take a selfie. for now it is just terminals in app that use mobilepass.

So there would really be no reason to use it coming back at all if I'm just coming back on the cruise to Florida then NY?

You can only use it at Port Everglades in FL. Other ports are not set up for it yet. We used it at Port Everglades and since not many people were using it, we had a very short line vs. the long lines for the paper customs cards.

Be sure to look for the Mobile Passport symbol when you enter the terminal, and ask the employees if need be where to go. You need to show the bar code on the app AND also show your actual passport to the agent.

We used it at Port Everglades in March and sailed right through. You enter your permanent information beforehand, and once you have your debarking information you enter that just prior to leaving the ship.

As said earlier, Port Everglades is the only cruise port currently. However, there are quite a few large airports that also use it. When we returned from Amsterdam to Atlanta last month, we used the mobile passport line--which only had 7 people in it. The regular line had several hundred!

We used it at Port Everglades in March and sailed right through. You enter your permanent information beforehand, and once you have your debarking information you enter that just prior to leaving the ship.

This 100%. We went through a much shorter line by using Mobile Passport.

If you are doing the early walk off with your luggage, it is likely the mobile passport lines will not be open yet. That was our experience for both our January and March cruises this year. The app will just say it can’t process your submission.

39cd15a3dd7c4f4e8b8dace6a56764b0.jpg

Both last arrivals did walk off self assist at Port Everglades used Mobile Passport (December 2017, September 2017) was curbside before 730 am - 10 minutes cabin door to curb; the Mobile Passport line was much shorter than the normal line, maybe 4 parties ahead of us (just ask in Terminal if no sign up - there is a dedicated line).

The app will just say it can’t process your submission.

That is unlikely to be related to walking off early - I see that "unavailable" message at airport arrivals as well. Their system just goes down once in a while.

So there would really be no reason to use it coming back at all if I'm just coming back on the cruise to Florida then NY?

The Mobile Passport usually has a much shorter line for customs at the disembarkation terminal. We have used it several times in Fort Lauderdale when exiting the ship. You need to complete the questions, have your passports scanned into app and you can do this ahead of time. Then, when you're ready to exit ship, hit submit on the app and it will send you your approval. After that, collect your luggage and follow signs for the Mobile Passport when entering the customs hall.