Changed port stop - 7/21 Zuiderdam - Warnemunde now Rostock

Just curious how often this happens? The Holland website still says Warnemunde but I just got an email from TJ Travel that our port is now Rostock and therefore we can't do their excursion. I checked Alla Tours and same thing, must dock at Warnemunde and not Rostock. Urgh.

I called Holland and yes it is Rostock and there will be a complimentary shuttle to Warnemunde but that doesn't really help with the tour situation. I bet this will cause the ship's tours to increase in numbers for sure.

I guess we will buckle down and sight see ourselves! Good news I bet we can save some money heading to Schwerin ourselves!

the drive between the 2 ports is about 20 mins not sure why the tour company cannot meet you in Rostock as it is not that far from Warnemunde

Where was the tour going to? Just curious

We had this happen to us a few years ago when there were four cruise ships in port. As I can see, Warnemunde can handle two ships. As it was explained to us, the public transportation schedule just wouldn't work with the tour we wanted (the Rostock port isn't near any public transportation). Since we had two ships in Rostock (Carnival Legend and Marina), Alla came up with a tour of Warnemunde and Rostock that worked. It involved getting picked up at the pier by a driver, taken to a train station to meet our guide, taking a train into Warnemunde, walking tour, train to a stop outside Rostock where we could get a tram, walking tour of Rostock, then taking Marina's shuttle back to the port (yes, we were stowaways,;p). Great tour, though.

. . . I guess we will buckle down and sight see ourselves! Good news I bet we can save some money heading to Schwerin ourselves!

For whatever it’s worth, a few years back we docked at Warnemunde and took the train ourselves to Schwerin and stopped at Rostock on the way back. I know that doesn’t help with the guided tour aspect, but we found both cities quite lovely and doable DIY. We didn’t want to leave and enjoyed a wonderful day! All the Best!