How long does it take to get a visa for Cuba?

fstuff1

To travel to Cuba you need to fill out the OFAC form. It basically tells the US government why you were there. They will send you, the cruise line, alink to the form to be completed. They will also provide very detailed instructions on how to complete the form.

The visa is a separate document that allows you to enter Cuba. It is provided by the Cuban government. Our $75 fee was included in the cost of our cruise. You may want to call NCL directly to make sure that it’s included in your fare. If not, you just pay it separately. NCL takes care of all the paperwork.

You also need a valid US passport book that is valid for six months after your cruise.

Here is information about travel requirements to Cuba https://www.ncl.com/search?Ntt=ofac. You need a reservation number to complete the OFAC form on line (no later than 3 days before sailing). This is what RCL's version looks like https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/content/faq/cuba-guest-travel-certification.pdf

What cruise isn’t charging a supplement, they all seem to be charging 200%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

next week's to cuba but the solo sale is over.

i waited too long :(

even with 0% supplement, the 4 day to keywest/cuba on the Sun is $600.

$125/day :(

the sky to gsc/cuba is a much better value at $340 (assuming 0% supplement).

$85/day

Edited by fstuff1

Call CAS cause I got my cruise on the Sky comped

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How much do you play and do you literally just call? I gamble more than I should when onboard and have never really pursued this. I don’t get a lot of points, but my actual/hypothetical losses which is other thing they base comps on is pretty high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we need to purchase the visa ahead of time or can it be purchased at check in?

I believe it has to be purchased ahead of time, as I was told that the form needs to be electronically sent through their website at least 3 days before sailing. We just added the Visas on our cruise ($75.00) price and they said they would be waiting for us at check-in.

i saw a 4day cruise to Cuba next week with no solo supplement.

then read i need a $75 visa, even if i dont exit the ship.

How long does it take to get a Visa?

Just curious, why would you cruise to Cuba and not exit the ship?

I took this cruise last May and didn't go to GSC, but Cuba? It was AMAZING. The people, the tours, the sights. The Malecon. I want to go back and spend a month on a land visit!

Just FYI, I was a solo female cruiser, I did only private tours, also. I did not do any cruise ship/line tours. I was completely safe driving around in the old cars with male driver and guide.

I believe it has to be purchased ahead of time, as I was told that the form needs to be electronically sent through their website at least 3 days before sailing. We just added the Visas on our cruise ($75.00) price and they said they would be waiting for us at check-in.

We have a group going and instructed everyone about the affidavit completion requirements but was hoping that the visas could just be added to their on board account at checkin to save me a little sanity and not being required to ask everyone to call now and have it added. Our PCC didn’t suggest adding it at the time of booking! 🤯

Just curious, why would you cruise to Cuba and not exit the ship?

I took this cruise last May and didn't go to GSC, but Cuba? It was AMAZING. The people, the tours, the sights. The Malecon. I want to go back and spend a month on a land visit!

Just FYI, I was a solo female cruiser, I did only private tours, also. I did not do any cruise ship/line tours. I was completely safe driving around in the old cars with male driver and guide.

in case there's a last minute deal and i dont have time to get the visa