Choice air to Barcalona

rollie

Just wondering if anyone would share their experience using Celebrity’s Choice Air to Barcelona.

Rollie

Bookings come out around 11 months out. I got flights on Delta from Myrtle Beach thru Atlanta to Barcelona for $220pp last year, then paid an additional $99 to upgrade to Economy Plus or Comfort Economy, or whatever they call it now.

No different than choice air to anywhere else....

Choice Air is a travel agent who sometimes has rates on major airlines that you, as an individual, can't buy. The best example of this are one way fares to/from USA and European cities. Choice air does not include transportation to/from the airport/ship...it just sells air tickets.

We almost always use Choice Air on one way tickets to Europe for transatlantics home or to return home. Never had a problem...

Just wondering if anyone would share their experience using Celebrity’s Choice Air to Barcelona.

Rollie

Hi Rollie!

I fly out to Barcelona Tuesday. Choice Air was definitely cheaper than Delta's price. I fly first class across the pond, so it wasn't really cheap, but it was about $4,000 less than what Delta wanted for a one-way ticket. I'm doing the return from Venice on Delta miles.

Will try to remember to report after the flight. Only problem seems to be that when you book with Choice Air you don't seem to get your e-docs. I had to call Celebrity to order luggage tags. This is the first time I've booked with Choice Air.

We just booked a flight to Barcelona with Choice Air. It was less expensive than booking directly with any of the airlines I checked.

I can’t speak to hotels and Choice Air. We looked on the Ports of Call page here on CC and checked our Roll Call for recommendations. Then we compared a few on Trip Advisor before booking directly with the hotel online.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks everyone, one more question, can you also book a hotel with choice air, or would I do that with Celebrity.

I'd recommend doing that yourself directly with the hotel. You can find recommendations on the ports of call board. Last time I was in Barcelona, I stayed at the Hotel Gaudi based on recommendations from people on the roll call and the ports of call board. Am staying there again nest week. If you choose to stay there, ask for a room with a terrace facing the Palau Guell which is across the street. You can see all the people touring the rooftop there. It's just off Las Ramblas and a quick taxi ride to the cruiseport.

We did Choice Air a few years ago flying into AMS and out of BCN. They got us a great price on American in biz class with all biz class amenities and points. The one glitch was the outbound was a BA flight and advanced seat selection was an extra $350 or so and that was not revealed until after we booked. The Choice Air web site even had me picking our seats from EWR to LHR and LHR to AMS. When I saw the surcharge I said no thanks. Since we were in biz I was not worried about middle seats. Bottom line is check Choice Air but double check the airlines too.

We booked Choice Air to Barcelona for our cruise last fall. Much cheaper than Delta at the time. When I learned the morning of our departure that our connecting flight from Amsterdam was cancelled for high winds, I immediately got on the phone w/ Delta and rebooked us on another flight w/out any trouble or additional cost. Came to find out that Choice Air had also rebooked us on another flight w/out contacting us other than the email received telling us of our flight information. We took the flight I had booked through Delta and there were no consequences for not taking the Choice Air booked flight (I had called Delta to discuss the various emails I had showing us on multiple flights and was told that there wouldn't be a problem, just to take the one that had confirmed for me).

We stayed at the H10 Universitat in Barcelona and thought it was a great choice location-wise as well as reasonably priced. A short walk from the square where the Aerobus from the Airport dropped us off too.

https://www.h10hotels.com/en/barcelona-hotels/h10-universitat