confused about non refundable/ plus sale info

Does non refundable deposit mean just that. If your deposit is listed as $500 do you loose $500 if you have to cancel the cruise?

Sale prices?? I think it is Buy one 2nd person goes 1/2 off? Think this sale was supposed to be over on 5/8 but now think it is over 5/31. Prices on cruise I was going to book went up $200 each in a day and OBC was diminished. I am finding their site and policies confusing.

Haven't cruised on RCCL in awhile but sort of confused by their deposit and sale with very fluctuating prices etc.

Any help/comments appreciated.

Does non refundable deposit mean just that. If your deposit is listed as $500 do you loose $500 if you have to cancel the cruise?

Sale prices?? I think it is Buy one 2nd person goes 1/2 off? Think this sale was supposed to be over on 5/8 but now think it is over 5/31. Prices on cruise I was going to book went up $200 each in a day and OBC was diminished. I am finding their site and policies confusing.

Haven't cruised on RCCL in awhile but sort of confused by their deposit and sale with very fluctuating prices etc.

You only lose $100 per person. These so called sales is a way of life with RCL. They've had the 1/2 half off sale for a very long time. I haven't seen the 30/30 off in a long long time. Prices do change almost daily including any obc amounts. I booked a neighborhood (CP) cabin about a month ago for April 2020 and with a NR fare got a $100 obc per cabin. Also, part of the promo get lunch for 2 at Giovanni's and a bottle of red wine.

Ahhhh OK so you re-book a refundable - apply the FCC and then cancel to get the cash?:confused::D

You cannot get the cash from the FCC. You would only get cash from whatever cash you put in.

Even when sales don't end prices on any sailing can change daily, immediately as cabins fill in each Cat...

So a new FCC? A way to extend the live of the FCC?

If the FCC could be be used on another cruise (and I'm not sure about that), it's expiration date would not change from the original.

You only lose $100 per person. These so called sales is a way of life with RCL. They've had the 1/2 half off sale for a very long time. I haven't seen the 30/30 off in a long long time. Prices do change almost daily including any obc amounts. I booked a neighborhood (CP) cabin about a month ago for April 2020 and with a NR fare got a $100 obc per cabin. Also, part of the promo get lunch for 2 at Giovanni's and a bottle of red wine.

Well, to be accurate, the "promo" for lunch and wine is part of booking a Central Park balcony, and is there for any CP balcony booking at any time. It's not a temporary promo. It has become a permanent perk of booking that category.