Escape...Forward Facing Penthouse Suite vs Haven Courtyard Suite

Pete's Girl

Hello out there!! I'm sailing on the Escape this summer and am considering upgrading my balcony cabin to either a forward facing suite or the courtyard suite. I've never been in the Haven and would love this opportunity. Do you have a preference between the two and if so, why? I can't figure out, other than size, which is "better."

Thoughts? Pros? Cons? Thanks in advance!!!

Hello out there!! I'm sailing on the Escape this summer and am considering upgrading my balcony cabin to either a forward facing suite or the courtyard suite. I've never been in the Haven and would love this opportunity. Do you have a preference between the two and if so' date=' why? I can't figure out, other than size, which is "better."

Thoughts? Pros? Cons? Thanks in advance!!![/quote']

Forward Facing Suite is not actually in the haven, it’s below it, but its much bigger (separate bedroom and living room). The exception to this is the handicapped accessible Forward Facing Suit on the 13th floor.

Hello out there!! I'm sailing on the Escape this summer and am considering upgrading my balcony cabin to either a forward facing suite or the courtyard suite. I've never been in the Haven and would love this opportunity. Do you have a preference between the two and if so' date=' why? I can't figure out, other than size, which is "better."

Here is my forward from Deck 10 on the Escape!

Kerry hope it helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forward Facing Suite is not actually in the haven, it’s below it, but its much bigger (separate bedroom and living room). The exception to this is the handicapped accessible Forward Facing Suit on the 13th floor.

Would you choose that over a courtyard suite in the Haven itself?

Here is my forward from Deck 10 on the Escape!

Kerry hope it helps!

The pics look great!!! Thanks for sharing! Would you say that you'd choose this category again? Is there anything you were disappointed about? Ex: balcony size, view, etc. Thanks so much!

We have had both on the Escape. It really comes down to whether you want to be in the Haven proper or not.

We love the forward penthouse because it has a separate bedroom. Since one of us is a night owl and the other is not, that really works for us. Plus the cabin is bigger. On the other hand, the balconies are tiny. Just room for two chairs. That's a shame.

We don't find that it's a problem not being in the Haven. After all, it's just a few flights or an elevator ride away.

The pics look great!!! Thanks for sharing! Would you say that you'd choose this category again? Is there anything you were disappointed about? Ex: balcony size' date=' view, etc. Thanks so much![/quote']

With the Haven sun deck we did not miss much with the balcony, we love the separate bedroom and living room .

We had and aft on the Getaway and liked it , but it was a hike to the Haven. But the balcony was great , we didn’t use it enough.

I would take the forward one again in a heartbeat! Also the aft, who am I kidding any Haven is good!!! [emoji23][emoji23]

Kerry

Yes, but it depends on your situation. In my case we are cruising on the escape on May 27th with a 2.5 year old, so a second room to us to put her in is far more valuable than the convenience of not having to take an elevator up to be in the haven.

Absolutely

The extra space, separate living room area are wonderful. The forward facing suites are our room of choice. You are physically under the Haven courtyard, and it is a short elevator ride up.

Absolutely

The extra space, separate living room area are wonderful. The forward facing suites are our room of choice. You are physically under the Haven courtyard, and it is a short elevator ride up.

Thanks for the advice everyone!! We decided to go with the forward facing penthouse suite!! We're so excited and can't wait for this cruise!

Thanks again for the insight!

Personally I'll sacrifice the space for being in the courtyard area. Having the bar, pool, and restaurant right outside of your door really adds a whole new level of convenience to cruising. I like to run to the bar to get my wife and I drinks while we were getting ready to go out each night.

The balconies in the regular penthouse courtyard rooms (we were in one a couple of weeks ago) are much bigger. Couple of chairs and a small table.

It just depends on whether you think you will be using your balcony much. We had a huge balcony on the Epic’s DOS but never really used it much as it was either too hot to sit out or we were out doing stuffs round the ship! This time we have booked the FF penthouse on the Escape.

The balconies in the regular penthouse courtyard rooms (we were in one a couple of weeks ago) are much bigger. Couple of chairs and a small table.

Agree. We sacrifice the balcony to have the 2 bedroom/bath for our teenager.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums