Bravo Bravo Bravo called on Symphony

I concur, Bravo means fire. Interesting, as that’s two completely different locations you listed - zone 7 is towards the aft; there are 8 fire zones on the Oasis class ships that correlate with muster station letters (A-G but the G section has two zones with the F zone in between). Sometimes when they do drills, they’ll call various locations around the ship to respond to.

When I was on Freedom at the end of March, they called Bravo the morning of Cozumel - I can’t recall if they said in that exact announcement if it was a drill, but we knew it was because they did make an announcement shortly prior that they would be doing crew drills. They break it up into stages of response. We only heard “Bravo Stage 1” as we were just finishing breakfast and were off the ship for our excursion before any further announcements were made. Following this thread, hopefully all ends well and it’s only a drill! Stay safe!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by CreativeCruiser119

Yikes! This is scary. Bravo, Bravo, Bravo means a fire.

When I sailed Independence, I remember them calling it out as part of the crew drill. Probably just the same here.

I remember on the Disney Fantasy a few years back about five in the morning hearing Red Party to laundry deck 2. It woke me up. Turns out it was a small fire in a dryer. You could still smell it on deck 2 at dinner. Red party is their Bravo call. Scary because I knew what it meant and that it wasn't a drill at 5am.

If it is called in a port at about 10 am. It may be a drill. They may make a announcement before it that a drill is taking place and or add this is a drill for crew only to the announcements. . Sometimes no announcements can be heard in the cabin at all so when they sound the emergency signal passengers start heading to thier muster stations . I was on explorer last year and they forgot to say it was a drill and a few passengers were confused and was asking if it was necessary to Head to Master Station . Royal Caribbean should follow princesses lead and put a notice in the compass that there is a crew drill and what time it is so people will be aware that a drill is taking place for crew .Adding the word drill to the announcement helps distinguish between a drill announcement and one that could be real for example independence had a medical emergency in the middle of a drill And the lack of the word drill was in indication that was a real code

If it is called in a port at about 10 am. It may be a drill. They may make a announcement before it that a drill is taking place and or add this is a drill for crew only to the announcements. . Sometimes no announcements can be heard in the cabin at all so when they sound the emergency signal passengers start heading to thier muster stations . I was on explorer last year and they forgot to say it was a drill and a few passengers were confused and was asking if it was necessary to Head to Master Station . Royal Caribbean should follow princesses lead and put a notice in the compass that there is a crew drill and what time it is so people will be aware that a drill is taking place for crew .Adding the word drill to the announcement helps distinguish between a drill announcement and one that could be real for example independence had a medical emergency in the middle of a drill And the lack of the word drill was in indication that was a real code

When I was on Liberty in 2016, they did a MOB drill with the announcement “Oscar, Oscar, Oscar, starboard side, this is a drill for the crew only.” It was actually fun to watch. Anyway, they didn’t announce that one beforehand, but said in the announcement that it was a drill. They later moved to a Code Bravo as we disembarked for our excursion in Roatan. On Harmony last year, Captain Johnny mentioned in his morning announcement that there would be a Code Charlie (security) drill, but we were onshore in Labadee before any further announcements were made. And, as I mentioned earlier, on my recent Freedom cruise, I can’t recall if they said in the actual announcement that it was a drill, but did announce beforehand.

Good point about not hearing it in the cabins - that would be an acceptable exception to the usual “no paging into the cabins” protocol, IMHO. No need for panicked guests! I also think that following it up with “this is a drill for the crew only” is a good procedure. Hope that was the case on Symphony! OP, please keep us posted if you hear anything!

I was in the Windjammer when it was announced.

It was mentioned for the crew only but didn’t mention about it being a drill. Never heard it before on any of my cruises.

Anyway, back on the ship at the pool deck.

Thanks for all your comments. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in the Windjammer when it was announced.

It was mentioned for the crew only but didn’t mention about it being a drill. Never heard it before on any of my cruises.

Anyway, back on the ship at the pool deck.

Thanks for all your comments. [emoji41]

Crew only = drill.

There was a small laundry fire on Oasis when we were on board last summer, the officers were having lunch at the same time as us in Chops and all left. Some of them came back pretty quickly.

Well, not really. I'm sure they don't expect passengers to respond to "zone 7" and fight the fire. ;)

But I agree....this was most likely a drill.

“Zone 7” on Oasis-class ships is the vertical area containing staterooms ending in 290-320 on the port side and 690-720 on the starboard side. There are no staterooms on Deck 2, but this area would be below those staterooms, likely a crew accommodation area or engine control space.

This isn’t my photo (I believe it belongs to the user Chandom, thanks so much for originally posting this), but each color represents a fire zone, although the red is clearly broken into two. The dark orange towards the back is Zone 7. Zone 1 would be at the very front (Muster Station A). Sorry if this is off topic, just thought it would be interesting to share with the reference to fire zones. This is for Allure, but should be very similar if not nearly identical to the other 3. I’m glad all is well, and wishing I were on Symphony right now!26b2b92d8533f6fde0bda2ccd425ade8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had that called on our Anthem sailing late at night. The cruise director came on a few minutes later to explain what was going on; a smoke detector had gone off so they called it out; the crew investigated and found no fire and all was well.

Navigator sends security to investigate if a smoke detector goes off as they get about 15 fire alarms a day . Mostly the cook setting it off in the galley or a guest is using a hair dryer to close to the sensor . It would get annoying if bravo was called for every one. Grand princess has buzzers in all hallways that goes off and they call first stage response for every detector activation

Was on Oasis back in April and they did a “surprise” drill right during dinner time. It was a Bravo Bravo Bravo call and we could see the looks on the crews faces as they scrambled to what they believed was the real deal. Even the wait staff dropped what they were doing. We saw a crew member in his Bingo attire running down a flight of stairs mumbling that “this isn’t happening!”. About 5 mins later the captain came on the PA system and announced that it was an “unannounced drill” to make sure they were properly prepared.

This isn’t my photo (I believe it belongs to the user Chandom, thanks so much for originally posting this), but each color represents a fire zone, although the red is clearly broken into two. The dark orange towards the back is Zone 7. Zone 1 would be at the very front (Muster Station A).

Thanks for this. I believe in looking at the map, Deck 2 Zone 7 is under the MDR galleys near the provisions store and aft of the crew quarters and I-95. I have heard them drill there several times on Oasis class ships, maybe because it is a convenient place for that. They also seem to pick a stairwell for a fire simulation, maybe to see how it affects evacuations? Just a guess.

Edited by Pratique

We had that called on our Anthem sailing late at night. The cruise director came on a few minutes later to explain what was going on; a smoke detector had gone off so they called it out; the crew investigated and found no fire and all was well.

Interesting that they went to a code bravo for a smoke detector. Typically, they send Security to investigate first, and then call out the fire teams with a bravo, if warranted.

I remember being on board while we were docked at St. Thomas USVI; I had a late excursion so I was still on board, along with seemingly no other passengers. (Seriously the ship felt really empty, so I was getting "empty ship" photos.)

They did a muster and evacuation drill "for crew only," blowing the required blasts on the ship's horn and all, and it was pretty nifty to hear...especially toward the end when the Captain came on the PA and said "As Master of the vessel, I am hereby ordering Abandon Ship." :o

Really wish I'd been recording video when THAT came on. :)