Celebrity Breakfast & additional cost dining?

Bozzie67

Please can anyone describe just how MDR breakfast works on Celebrity, particularly Silhouette though I suspect they are all similar. I was kind of hoping it would be a table service similar to Cunard but I read somewhere about people queuing up!!! Also other than chargeable speciality restaurants, where else are guests charged for meals or snacks onboard? Again just curious before we embark!! Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some of the additional charges may depend on class. I believe in most cabins there is an extra charge for premium room service items and for overnight room service delivery. Some of these are probably waived for the higher classes.

Breakfast in the main dining room is sit down table service. It is included in the general cost of the cruise. Sometimes it is necessary to get in line to be seated when it is really busy like on days that the ship is in port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Please can anyone describe just how MDR breakfast works on Celebrity, particularly Silhouette though I suspect they are all similar. I was kind of hoping it would be a table service similar to Cunard but I read somewhere about people queuing up!!! Also other than chargeable speciality restaurants, where else are guests charged for meals or snacks onboard? Again just curious before we embark!! Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you go to breakfast in the MDR you will be taken to a table by the host/ess, your choice of a table for 2 or a group table. Ordering is from the menu with table service. Queing up would only be if you choose to go to the buffet. The MDR is open every morning for breakfast.

Beside the specialty restaurants, there are no other charges for meals or snacks on board unless you do not have a beverage package, then you would pay at Café Al Bacio for coffee or tea but the pastries are free. Gelato is also an additional charge.

we found breakfast in the MDR on Solstice to be great on sea days.... you to need to wait in line but only for about 2-3 minutes.

it's just like the dinner service - you get a menu and choose what you'd like

the 'free' restaurants / eating places are MDR, Ocean view café (buffet), Spa Café and the pastries / muffins at Café Al Bacio

Tuscan Grille, Murano, Silk Harvest & Sushi on 5 are the restaurants you pay extra for

Once seated you may wait a bit for the table to fill up, and taking of everyone's orders,....we try to get a table for 2...but they still combine taking orders with other tbls!