New dining/entertainment booking windows

When did this change? So for example, if my cruise departs September 30th 2018, I can book shows/restaurants beginning June 3rd 2018, which is 120 days before sailing?

Yes, that is correct.

It changed a few months back. We booked things for our August cruise back in April (120 days out).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When did this change? So for example, if my cruise departs September 30th 2018, I can book shows/restaurants beginning June 3rd 2018, which is 120 days before sailing?

6/3/18.

It changed when the final payment date was changed to 120 days.

Thank you to OP and respondents for posting this new information!

I looked at the NCL website however and only find info referencing the ability to book dining/entertainment reservations at 90 days out.

My final payment is still 90 days prior to sail date, as I booked last year. Is it possible my sailing doesn't qualify for booking dining reservations at 120 days prior?

If anyone has an NCL website link for this new booking window can you please post it?

Thanks!

Thank you to OP and respondents for posting this new information!

I looked at the NCL website however and only find info referencing the ability to book dining/entertainment reservations at 90 days out.

My final payment is still 90 days prior to sail date, as I booked last year. Is it possible my sailing doesn't qualify for booking dining reservations at 120 days prior?

If anyone has an NCL website link for this new booking window can you please post it?

Thanks!

I don’t have the link. But our final payment date is at 90 days (we booked 1.5 years ago), but I was able to book dining reservations at 120 days. (I still have 2 weeks before I have to make final payment).

I don’t have the link. But our final payment date is at 90 days (we booked 1.5 years ago), but I was able to book dining reservations at 120 days. (I still have 2 weeks before I have to make final payment).

And you booked your dining reservations online thru the NCL website? I just called NLC and the rep I spoke to said that since my booking's final payment is on the 90-day program (we still have a month before final payment) that their website will not allow me to book dining/shows at the 120-day-out mark.

And you booked your dining reservations online thru the NCL website? I just called NLC and the rep I spoke to said that since my booking's final payment is on the 90-day program (we still have a month before final payment) that their website will not allow me to book dining/shows at the 120-day-out mark.

Remember rule number one: don’t pay too much attention to what NCL reps tell you.

For what it’s worth, many of us in other countries have always had final payment dates well after the day that dining reservations open up. It’s never been any problem. The August cruise that I made reservations for in April is still not at final payment yet.

Yes, I was able to book speciality dining online. (3 nights, based on our promo)

Remember rule number one: don’t pay too much attention to what NCL reps tell you.

For what it’s worth, many of us in other countries have always had final payment dates well after the day that dining reservations open up. It’s never been any problem. The August cruise that I made reservations for in April is still not at final payment yet.

You made dinner/show reservations back in April for your August cruise? I assume that your cruise booking was made with a 90-day-out final payment, correct?

You made dinner/show reservations back in April for your August cruise? I assume that your cruise booking was made with a 90-day-out final payment, correct?

No, ours is 60 days.

It’s why I said “for what it’s worth” as in the U.K. we have always had final payment later than restaurant reservations are open. The point is that the tie up between the two is only an issue for a proportion of people anyway. Whilst the date is based on final payment in the U.S., I don’t think that the system actually links the two. I may be wrong though.

No, ours is 60 days.

It’s why I said “for what it’s worth” as in the U.K. we have always had final payment later than restaurant reservations are open. The point is that the tie up between the two is only an issue for a proportion of people anyway. Whilst the date is based on final payment in the U.S., I don’t think that the system actually links the two. I may be wrong though.

Thanks for the clarification and the additional info.

Thanks. We will try to book our shows online at the 120-day mark despite what the rep told me.

I didn’t book shows, only speciality dining. (But we will be on a smaller ship, so I don’t think we will need to make reservations for shows).

I didn’t book shows, only speciality dining. (But we will be on a smaller ship, so I don’t think we will need to make reservations for shows).

Yes, you can only book shows on the Epic and newer ships.

On those newer ships, dining and entertainment reservations open at the same time (subject to any system glitches).

A quick question as I’m a bit of a cruise novice , if I book a 5 night specialty restaurant package when will payment for this be taken , is it at the time of booking or at final payment date or at the end of cruise . Thanks

A quick question as I’m a bit of a cruise novice , if I book a 5 night specialty restaurant package when will payment for this be taken , is it at the time of booking or at final payment date or at the end of cruise . Thanks

If you are buying the dining package before the cruise then you pay for it at the time for booking (you enter your credit card details when doing it online, for example).

If you buy it onboard then the cost is added to your onboard account which is charged to your card at the end of the cruise.

Hmm, I logged into cruise and it told me i should check back for dining reservations on a date that equates to 120 days out, though we're Haven. :confused:

I don’t know from experience, but I suspect that these messages are generic, so are based on the most common situation, ie non Haven.

The reported experience on here is that you can book at 130 days. I’d believe that over what the website says.

If you are buying the dining package before the cruise then you pay for it at the time for booking (you enter your credit card details when doing it online, for example).

If you buy it onboard then the cost is added to your onboard account which is charged to your card at the end of the cruise.

Thanks mate , I read your thread on the subject and it answered all the the other questions I had running through my mind

Ok, my 130 day Haven window opened, but I can only book dining for the first night of my cruise. No other dates are loaded to select. If I have to book one restaurant each night, I'm going to be ticked, LOL. Kidding. I'll call in the morning ...