Upsell email

blarko

I received an upsell email to go from an inside cabin on Empress deck to a balcony on Main deck (Room M249) for $334.00. This is on the Elation. The only reason I’m even considering it is because I’ve never had a balcony room. Always choose an interior or OV. I’ve read about complaints of noise above the aft rooms, and wonder if this would be an issue with this room. Has anyone stayed in this room? Any thoughts or suggestions on whether to go for the upsell or keep the room I’ve booked, that I’m perfectly content with? Is this a good deal?

Seems like a lot to me. Counter with $100 and see how much they want to deal.

I like your idea of countering them. How do I go about doing that? My offer came in an email, when I click on it, it tells me the room and the price. Accept it or don’t, that’s it.

I like your idea of countering them. How do I go about doing that? My offer came in an email, when I click on it, it tells me the room and the price. Accept it or don’t, that’s it.

It doesn't work like that. Either you want the deal they're giving you, or you don't. There is no negotiation.

Counter with $100 and see how much they want to deal.

Even Monty Hall wouldn't be able to assist with what's being suggested here.

It doesn't work like that. Either you want the deal they're giving you, or you don't. There is no negotiation.

That’s kind of what I thought too, but thought I’d ask the writer who suggested it. 🤷*♀️

Even Monty Hall wouldn't be able to assist with what's being suggested here.

Good one! [emoji23][emoji23]

Isn't there a number in the email you can call and talk to someone about it. You also only have a limited time with the offer, so dont take too long.

There is a number to call, or you can click on the link and just take the offer (or not). It says I have until 5/31/18 to accept said offer. Seems like a generous amount of time, must have a lot of available balconies on this particular cruise.

Call them and ask to speak with a manager. Be very nice and polite, mention something you like about Carnival then ask if $100 would be acceptable because your budget is pared to the bone just to go on the trip. If it is a hard no, don't give up. Ask if it is possible to get onboard credit or dinner in the steakhouse for two. Are you a senior, service member, police or fireman? They may have something for you. Remember you can negotiate anything. It never hurts to ask.