Question for Carnival Cruisers to Cuba

elklemi

My question is regarding the affidavit that must be filled out for Cuba, does Carnival provide this to you in your cabin or must you print it off before you get on the ship? I have heard both so trying to clarify, thanks you.

I was on the May 3rd cruise on the Paradise. As we entered the port terminal they stopped to check to see if we has the affidavit. We did but it wasn’t completely filled out so they had a counter right there with new forms and they basically filled it out for us with us just adding in out personal info. Went very fast.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Carnival seems to be pushing the "People to People" option for Cuban travel. I'd be interested in hearing from Carnival Cruises travelers who've used the "In support of the Cuban people" option on the affidavit and used private excursions. My PVP was rather adamant that we could only use Carnival excursions.

Carnival seems to be pushing the "People to People" option for Cuban travel. I'd be interested in hearing from Carnival Cruises travelers who've used the "In support of the Cuban people" option on the affidavit and used private excursions. My PVP was rather adamant that we could only use Carnival excursions.

We did not do a Carnival excursion (or any other, for that matter). We got off the ship and did our own thing. We DID ck of SFTCP on our affidavit, and had no problem. That said, I saw many in the terminal at checkin who were made (by Carnival) to change their affidavit from SFTCP to P2P before they were given a visa. Your PVP, and all at Carnival and most cruiselines, have really mislead guests int'l thinking they MUST book an excursion through the cruiseline. Bottom line: you have to do NO SUCH THING. No one checks anything. Look at the OFAC page of the US Treasury Dept website and make your own decision. We are headed back for our 2nd visit in March; no tour either time. Relax; it's wonderful.

We did not do a Carnival excursion (or any other, for that matter). We got off the ship and did our own thing. We DID ck of SFTCP on our affidavit, and had no problem. That said, I saw many in the terminal at checkin who were made (by Carnival) to change their affidavit from SFTCP to P2P before they were given a visa. Your PVP, and all at Carnival and most cruiselines, have really mislead guests int'l thinking they MUST book an excursion through the cruiseline. Bottom line: you have to do NO SUCH THING. No one checks anything. Look at the OFAC page of the US Treasury Dept website and make your own decision. We are headed back for our 2nd visit in March; no tour either time. Relax; it's wonderful.

That's what I thought, good to have some first hand information. Thanks.

That said, I saw many in the terminal at checkin who were made (by Carnival) to change their affidavit from SFTCP to P2P before they were given a visa.

We are on a Carnival cruise in March 2019 and intended to check SFTCP on the affidavit. The idea that someone from Carnival could make me change my affidavit (in order to get a visa) is disturbing.

How do people go about handling this situation? I have reserved a tour with a private company who tells me that their tour complies with the SFTCP requirement. Don't know if it complies with P2P though.

We are on a Carnival cruise in March 2019 and intended to check SFTCP on the affidavit. The idea that someone from Carnival could make me change my affidavit (in order to get a visa) is disturbing.

How do people go about handling this situation? I have reserved a tour with a private company who tells me that their tour complies with the SFTCP requirement. Don't know if it complies with P2P though.

If a Carnival rep will not accept your affidavit at checkin, just make them happy and change it to P2P. Once you have your visa, that's all that matters. No one asked about, or checked into, any plans that we or other cruisers had. Period. Just get that visa, and do what you are planning to do. (And if Carnival pulls this on you, and they prob will, I suggest you make a note in the records you keep that they would not give you a visa unless you changed your affidavit.) You'll be fine. Enjoy Cuba!

• 3 weeks later...
Do you need 8 pages of this form? I'm on a Carnival excursion first day, on my own second day. What do I check?

Yes, you need all the pages of the travel affidavit. Somewhere in the last pages is a page where you have to enter your personal information including cabin number, etc. As for which travel category to check, only you can make that determination, but I t sounds like for you would be SFTCP or P2P. (And read above about the issues with Carnival and guests checking SFTCP.)

Do you need 8 pages of this form? I'm on a Carnival excursion first day, on my own second day. What do I check?

This should vary by cruiseline. For Fathom we did it all online in advance, never touched paper.

This should vary by cruiseline. For Fathom we did it all online in advance, never touched paper.

Thanks, you were lucky-I will be on Carnival Paradise-instructions in an email I just got says to print out a copy, fill it in and make a second copy to keep with you. 16 papers per person.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree, very disturbing to be strong armed into this. We are considering this cruise. Do you mind sharing your tour operator?

• 4 weeks later...
I agree, very disturbing to be strong armed into this. We are considering this cruise. Do you mind sharing your tour operator?

I am jumping in here as I did not post the post you are referring to. We are going on Carnival Paradise August 18th cruise. We have booked by email Cubaoutings.com for day 1, a tour of Havana, and Cuba among Cubans for the 2nd day, a trip to Vinales. Both were recommended by earlier travelers and have good reviews on TripAdvisor. I will post our experiences with these private companies when we get home.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am jumping in here as I did not post the post you are referring to. We are going on Carnival Paradise August 18th cruise. We have booked by email Cubaoutings.com for day 1' date=' a tour of Havana, and Cuba among Cubans for the 2nd day, a trip to Vinales. Both were recommended by earlier travelers and have good reviews on TripAdvisor. I will post our experiences with these private companies when we get home.[/quote']

Awesome, I look forward to hearing how it goes! Bon Voyage!