Ovations of the Seas Alaska Summer 2019

On 7/1/2018 at 11:01 PM, RSLeesburg said:

If you are looking for itinerary, Radiance wins hands-down. You get four stops in Alaska, with plenty of time for excursions deeper into Alaska. Ovation has only two stops - Juneau and Skagway. If you like a new ship, with bells and whistles, and more sea days, then Ovation wins.

Now if they put Ovation on the north/south route, then you would have the perfect ship and itinerary 😉

Agreed.....to go all the way to Alaska for a week and get only 2 port stops is more going for the ship than Alaska....would have loved to see this ship do Radiance's itinerary. 

On 7/3/2018 at 2:58 AM, Hoopster95 said:

Just wish to mention that RCL offers the very best Alaskan itinerary they have ever sailed on May 13 on Ovation, a rare 11-day sailing from Vancouver to Seattle Including BOTH Hubbard and Tracey Arm emoji846.png

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agreed....great itinerary!

2 hours ago, bajathree said:

Agreed....great itinerary!

Yes, we are dong the 11 night Ovation on May 13.  It is the best of both worlds.  4 port stops out of Vancouver (Icy Strait Point, Sitka, Skagway, Juneau - all long days), 2 glacier days (Hubbard and Endicott Arm), 4 days at sea to enjoy the ship and a return to Seattle.  I don't think I would have done the regular 7 night cruise on this ship due to the itinerary unless it was an easy embarkment port for me and I had been to Alaska before.

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

36 minutes ago, Sunny AZ Girl said:

Yes, we are dong the 11 night Ovation on May 13.  It is the best of both worlds.  4 port stops out of Vancouver (Icy Strait Point, Sitka, Skagway, Juneau - all long days), 2 glacier days (Hubbard and Endicott Arm), 4 days at sea to enjoy the ship and a return to Seattle.  I don't think I would have done the regular 7 night cruise on this ship due to the itinerary unless it was an easy embarkment port for me and I had been to Alaska before.

Jealous....fabulous trip....would be doing it myself if the timing worked. We are doing Radiance northbound in July...looked initially at Ovation cause great ship for Alaska...but itinerary ended up winning.. It will be my second Radiance Alaska sailing....did the same exact ship/itinerary back in 2012....loved it.

• Like 1

We did the Radiance southbound itinerary but added a three day land tour on the front end.  It gave us some of the Alaskan interior.  But I like the longer 11 day itinerary - just wish it was offered over summer when our son is out of school...lol

We did the Radiance southbound itinerary but added a three day land tour on the front end.  It gave us some of the Alaskan interior.  But I like the longer 11 day itinerary - just wish it was offered over summer when our son is out of school...lol

21 hours ago, pdr997 said:

We are really looking forward to this!  We booked the 6 person boat at 1:00.  How about you?  

We also booked the 6 person at 1:00.   There are 3 of us in our party..  😀

• Like 1

We are booked on Ovation for May 24th and looking forward to our first Royal Caribbean cruise. We booked a balcony room. We did the same itinerary on Celebrity Solstice, 4 years ago, but went at the end of June. We had a balcony and spent a lot of time on our balcony, especially in the early mornings.  We saw more whales from our balcony then we did on our whale watching excursion! My husband thought the weather was perfect, I was disappointed that it wasn't colder thus the reason we are doing a May cruise this time.  

On 5/17/2018 at 10:53 PM, Hoopster95 said:

I personally don't agree with the popular opinion so far... Ovation changes the game in Alaska. Everyone posting so far, including myself, have only been on either Vision/Serenade/Radiance/Rhapsody or Explorer to Alaska, and I'm only guessing that none have Quantum Class experience. In my humble opinion the views in Two70 and the Solarium alone trump anything you will see from your balcony. Merion_Mom would be the authority here as she knows Anthem like the back of her hand as well as Radiance, having sailed Radiance last year for 67 days including to Alaska b2b.

67 days WOW

We had been thinking of Alaska again, we went on Celebrity in 2012.  When we saw Ovation would be doing Alaska we could not wait to book for Sept. 2020.  Can't wait to be in the North Star looking at the glaciers or in the iFly tube.  Would never do Alaska, however, without having a balcony.  Even when it was cold and misting out we were on the balcony.  So much prettier than looking thru a window.

• 2 weeks later...

We are on the July 26th Ovation Seattle round trip sailing.  I agree that the itinerary is Alaska Lite, but I am excited to get just a taste of this great frontier with maximum luxury and minimum hassle.  270/newest technology/great food choices---I am looking forward to all of it.

But what's really driving us to choose this simple itinerary is that we don't want to leave our dogs for more than 8 days.  We should get them each a Service Dog vest and parade them on board (jk!), but they are ridiculously exuberant and would not fit in.  I'm pretty sure they would be terribly disobedient mushers as well so they would have to stay away from the dog sleds.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BHappy2Day said:

But what's really driving us to choose this simple itinerary is that we don't want to leave our dogs for more than 8 days.  

This is exactly why we haven't been on a vacation for nearly 10 years - finding someone to stay at the house with our dogs has been really difficult.  We did find someone for our Ovation cruise, thankfully. But at $75 a day it gets pretty expensive (plus our airfare to get wherever we want to sail out of).

• Like 1

On 2/21/2019 at 3:12 AM, vrock said:

We also booked the 6 person at 1:00.   There are 3 of us in our party..  😀

Unless they have more than one 6 person going out at 1:00 (which they may) looks like we could be sailing together on the whale watch tour.  Just hubby and I....sounds fun!   I'll make sure he behaves.  :classic_tongue:

Patty & Darrell