HMC Cabana rate increase

Lunabella76

We are cabana people so we are not happy. That being said, the cabanas and villas sell out every cruise so it does make good business sense to push the envelope to see what the market will bear. It becomes our choice as to whether it is worth the money or not. Same thing happened with Faster to the Fun (FTTF). :cool:

I totally agree with supply and demand! I am actually surprised there are any cabana's left for the week. FTTF is also still available. The ship must not be very full yet.

I am glad I was able to book it for the lower price as I had been checking every day for it and knew it was $289. If I didn't have prior knowledge to the lower price I probably would have still booked it and not given it any thought.

It has excellent reviews, so I can see where they would want to see if they can make a few extra bucks.

We just booked the Villa last week for our May 2019 eight day cruise and it was 499.99. We booked the Villa on our last cruise in April and paid 539.99. I was thinking it went down because of the longer cruise. So this is interesting.

The prices listed on the general excursion pages are starting prices. Prices can vary by sailing.

For example, the three Passion Island excursions in Cozumel were $10 higher than the starting price on the Triumph 2/9/17 4 day sailing. Those same excursions were at the starting price on the Triumph 1/21/18 5 day sailing. The excursions are also at the starting price on the Valor 12/30/19 5 day sailing.

I booked a Villa for next June and it was $499.00. The pricing seems to fluctuate based on sailing.

EDIT: I just logged back in and it's listed for $549.00 now on the same sailing. Glad I booked it already.

I booked a Villa for next June and it was $499.00. The pricing seems to fluctuate based on sailing.

EDIT: I just logged back in and it's listed for $549.00 now on the same sailing. Glad I booked it already.

Me too.

They won't know what the right price is until they raise it to a point that they do not sell out quickly.

Seems like there are an awful lot of posts like "No cabanas left, how can I get on the waiting list."

That means prices were too low.

Last week we were debating switching from a cabana to villa, for a difference of $250 ($225 by using Allstate gift cards). We decided to keep the cabana.

Now I wish we decided to change, so I could feel we saved the $54 price increase!

Though, we do still have the cabana at the old price!

I am sailing in 2019 and booked my cabana last week. So glad I did as it is now showing as $319! I think the villa went up as well, but not 100% sure.

Carnival is raising prices all over the place.

They won't know what the right price is until they raise it to a point that they do not sell out quickly.

Seems like there are an awful lot of posts like "No cabanas left, how can I get on the waiting list."

Exactly. Too many people feel entitled to a lower price.

I don't think it's quite as simple as that. Carnival also wants to be careful about maintaining their reputation as a good value.

I don't think it's quite as simple as that. Carnival also wants to be careful about maintaining their reputation as a good value.

Renting a $300+ cabana has absolutely nothing do with their rep for good value. That's an extravagant extra expense that the majority of people cruising Carnival for their 'value' have ZERO interest in. IMO they can charge $1000 for the cabanas, won't ever affect me or my view of Carvnial as it's an unnecessary extra cost that I don't see the value in.

I am sailing in 2019 and booked my cabana last week. So glad I did as it is now showing as $319! I think the villa went up as well, but not 100% sure.

I booked mine for Feb of 2019 last week too (on 5/13) for $289.99. So glad I did!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums