Have you ever heard or seen Helicopter tours fall down during Alaska trip?

jaitip

So glad you did it, even if it wasn't perfect. You got to see something amazing!

Yes I am so glad too that my mother could have amazing to remember and talk to her friends when back to Thailand.

Thank you [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes I am so glad too that my mother could have amazing to remember and talk to her friends when back to Thailand.

Thank you [emoji4]

I'm sure it was such a different thing for her, being from Thailand! It's great to get out and see things, even if you might be a little worried. She'll remember it forever!

I'm sure it was such a different thing for her, being from Thailand! It's great to get out and see things, even if you might be a little worried. She'll remember it forever!

Sure!

I am now on the ship in Haines.

People here are very nice to me too.

[emoji4]❤️

Sure!

I am now on the ship in Haines.

People here are very nice to me too.

[emoji4]❤️

Wonderful! I'm so happy that the cruise seems to be living up to your dreams.

• 4 weeks later...

Although I did not take a helicopter, I liked this too.

It might be easier for my mother to get in.

If I took a helicopter, I would be in the middle seat where I could not take video like this.

Here is my video. Just finishing uploading which took more than a day. It failed many times when nearly finished!

It is a very long video but I just want to keep it all.

Honestly, I felt scared when the aircraft passed the rocky cliff. It was so near! afraid that the wings will crash it.

Although I did not take a helicopter, I liked this too.

It might be easier for my mother to get in.

If I took a helicopter, I would be in the middle seat where I could not take video like this.

Here is my video. Just finishing uploading which took more than a day. It failed many times when nearly finished!

It is a very long video but I just want to keep it all.

Honestly, I felt scared when the aircraft passed the rocky cliff. It was so near! afraid that the wings will crash it.

GOOD FOR YOU! I am So glad for you and your mom that you have navigated this difficult travel situation and done some incredible things. I hope you continue to have an amazing trip!

GOOD FOR YOU! I am So glad for you and your mom that you have navigated this difficult travel situation and done some incredible things. I hope you continue to have an amazing trip!

Thank you so much.

Before departure a few days, my mom had knee pain and that she could not walk properly. I was so nervous why happened now but she was ok later on after seeing a doctor.

Thinking where would be the next trip!!:D:D:)

How about a brief report on your most recent trip ?

what were the highlights? your favorite sight? surprises?

What do you mean "a brief report" on most recent trip?

Was it telling how my whole trip was ? or about flightseeing tour only?

I could not write that long essay, may make people confused! :confused:

Actually I liked almost everything because they were gathering as a whole trip. However, my highlight would be Denali flightseeing tour. It was the most expensive one but it was nice. Although I felt upset when landing on glacier as my pilot said that my mother just stayed inside the aircraft, he should try to help. In the end, he helped, that's it!

But I did not understand what the pilot said during the tour. It was loud inside. I have to listen carefully and need time to process. The most important thing, my mother liked this tour the most but she said that she was afraid and did not want to do it again.

US people still feel it is expensive, so I feel more. Our standard of living is lower than in USA. For the cost of flightseeing ($1100 for both), that amount would be the entire salary for a month.

I met some Thai crews on the ship which there were only 4 at that moment, they earn about $2500 a month. They can pay for what they want. Now, to convert to USD, it is expensive as Thai Baht is getting weaker.

I wanted to have dog sledding too but my mother might not be able to get in the helicopter. And this time there might not be any helps, can't guess what I have to confront!

My tour began in Fairbanks down to Seward till got on the cruise ship.

I went to Kenai Fjords tour too. I saw orcas, sea lions and only tail of humpback whale. I mostly stay outside among sunshine. When I am back to my country, my hands get tan while the rest get white, lol

Most people were nice. I could talk to anyone. Joining as a group tour made me feel not lonely. It is very common there that people greet around It is not like in my country that we mostly smile instead.

The worst thing I confront was the tour to Victoria (Westcoast sightseeing tour company). The bus driver was so rude to me. He always kicked anything near him.

He was angry that I brought my wheelchair without notice. But I asked people who picked me up if I could bring and he said yes. There was a bus change on the way to the ferry port and there was no space to keep my wheelchair on that bus.

For this tour I experienced the worst thing and the best thing at the same time. That was some other passengers were so nice to me. They know what happened and that they had tried to make things better and relaxed. They helped to keep my wheelchair (I mean they grabbed it to avoid its rolling on the bus).

I just could not believe that I could bring my mother to be that far, never even think to go to USA. I can complete it finally although something bad came along.

People in this forum are very nice too.

Also, I feel like I paid a lot as it should not be so. I might know too less.

Thank you.

Thank you for reporting on your adventure. When you travel in Alaska there are always people ready to help. Look for the helpers. I think there may be a law in Canada that prohibits bus drivers from helping people get on and off busses. We ran into a similar situation a few years ago in Vancouver.

I enjoyed seeing the picture of you and your mom. What a special memory you have created for the two of you!

Thank you for reporting on your adventure. When you travel in Alaska there are always people ready to help. Look for the helpers. I think there may be a law in Canada that prohibits bus drivers from helping people get on and off busses. We ran into a similar situation a few years ago in Vancouver.

I enjoyed seeing the picture of you and your mom. What a special memory you have created for the two of you!

Thank you

Let me explain more. i did not expect any special helps for my mother. She can walk and get on get off anywhere by herself. I did not want to disturb any people. For the bus driver in Vancouver, he did not help my mother to get on and off the bus either. The problem was only there was no wheelchair storage on that bus. That’s why he had to carry it on and off the bus. But the first bus driver who picked me up allowed me to bring it and there was the storage on that bus.

Now I know that I do not need any tour companies. I do not feel much convenient.

But important things, I did not go shopping in Vancouver yet. [emoji14]There were many department stores around my hotels but I was just tired and prepared the things for my mother for her rest.

I want to buy some cosmetics[emoji16][emoji16]