Yearly policy for travel insurance?

Another thought is the Chase Sapphire Reserve card. It pretty much covers everything we have with Geoblue. Plus Trip interruption, loss of luggage, etc. The $450 yearly cost sounds ridiculous but they issue a $300 travel credit as soon as you get the card (first $300 spent is credited back). So it's really $150 . Plus the give you 3% for travel and restaurants.

We use Allianz for our annual policy. In Pennsylvania they offer 3 levels of coverage. We use the middle one. Each state is different as the state regulates the insurance industry.

We've had 2 claims. Both paid quickly.

An annual plan is great for us because it covers all travel, not just cruises and has no pre-existing condition clause.

We bought GeoBlue last year as we had two cruises and a trip to Club Med Maldives planned over the next 12 months. The yearly policy wasn't bad for the coverage and what I liked most about GeoBlue was they have preferred providers all over the world. If you use one there is no being held hostage for payment. I got the list before we left for Maldives just in case.

Also, a plus is it's backed by Blue Cross/Shield.

Most of the policies offered ask for a Country before providing a quote. When cruising is involved with multiple countries, how do you handle.

Most of the policies offered ask for a Country before providing a quote. When cruising is involved with multiple countries, how do you handle.

You are probably looking at the single trip insurance, not the yearly

My issue with the annual policies is the low level of coverage. We usually buy the $1,000,000 of coverage on individual trips, and the annual policies I have found only have $250,000 of coverage. Is this enough? I don't really know how much we need.

"Is this enough?" "I don't really know how much we need"

Yet you buy $1,000,0000 of coverage on individual trips why??? How did you arrive at that number? Did someone suggest it? Was it by chance the person who sold it to you?

"Is this enough?" "I don't really know how much we need"

Yet you buy $1,000,0000 of coverage on individual trips why??? How did you arrive at that number? Did someone suggest it? Was it by chance the person who sold it to you?

Probably that is the max on the policy.

Having had two instances over over $1 million on medical bills, even a million can be marginal.