Opt to remain in the Loyalty program.

upwarduk

I live in Australia and, whilst I haven't received a message such as this from Princess, I have received literally dozens of emails from companies I have dealt with for whatever reason regarding updates to their privacy policies. The new laws which came into effect in May do have an impact outside of the UK and EU.

Live in the US and have not received anything like this. :confused:

Also live in the USA and thus have not received anything from Princess about this but I have received:

a) One E-mail from a European company saying if I wanted to continue receive e-mails from them I had to opt in.

b) Several E-mails from European companies saying they have updated their policies to conform with GDPR and if I did not agree with the policies I should unsubscribe.

c) A number of E-mails from USA based companies saying they have updated their policies to conform with GDPR and if I did not agree with the policies I should unsubscribe.

This is not a bluff.

I have updated, so has my partner and also a few friends that I have spoken too today.

On my Profile Information it clearly asks the question ‘Would you like to remain a member of the Princess Cruises Captain Circle loyalty program: Yes or No.

It also gives a date to reply by 1st August 2018.

I would advise any UK cruiser to check their account.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is not a bluff.

I have updated, so has my partner and also a few friends that I have spoken too today.

On my Profile Information it clearly asks the question ‘Would you like to remain a member of the Princess Cruises Captain Circle loyalty program: Yes or No.

It also gives a date to reply by 1st August 2018.

I would advise any UK cruiser to check their account.

Have you looked at your cruise history on the Princess website? They presumably know what Princess cruises you have sailed on. In addition to this other cruises are included e.g. P&O UK. All this data they already know about and have it on their database.

We were told that previous cruises taken on P&O cruises will count towards your Princess cruise history before 12 December 2017 only if you have sailed on a previous Princess cruise. Presumably if you have sailed on Princess and P&O in the past it is known about and already appears on your history. If it does not due to an administrative issue, in the future Princess will not be able to contact P&O to find out. These people are going to be few in number but will benefit from sharing of data. I think basically Carnival are just trying to keep the opportunity of cross brand collaboration for marketing purposes.

By all means get on the website and answer the question. I just think it is not crucial.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

Yes I have.

You are quite welcome to think that it is ‘not crucial’

Myself, partner and friends are quite happy to of answered the question.

My advice would still be to other cruisers is to check, it only takes a couple of minutes.

From all the replies posted, there has obviously been a rule change and the request is not a scam. What could easily be a scam, however, is any email asking you to click on a link and enter your personal information. If I were a scammer, I would be busy sending out similar messages as fast as possible. To be safe, pay attention to the request, but instead of clicking on the link, go directly to the Princess site using your regular log-in and update your information.