Allure: SeaPass in room on first day?

And you are naïve;p

I think that you are misinformed. Please point to a source that explains the exact technology Royal is using. I believe that most likely the bracelets and cards use passive, near field RFID. For those, you've got to get it within centimeters of the reader to read it (basically touching the tag to the reader). They can't track you as you move around the ship.

Just off the Allure with a group of 6 booked in three neighboring cabins. My card was in an envelope outside the door. My boyfriend's card was laying on the bed. My sister's card was outside her door in an envelope but my dad's card was no where to be found. He had to go down to guest services to get a card. They printed out the wrong card so he had to go back and have it fixed. Very odd. I didn't mind this new process. My card was printed correctly with the DX package marked on the card (a first for me!) so this process was a time saver. We were able to hit the bars and use our set sail pass to order drinks. For my dad, it was a pain.

We don't like the card at the door either. Nor do I want to wear a silly bracelet during my cruise. Those bracelets aren't about your convenience they are about the cruise line being able to monitor every move you make on the ship; where you spend your time, where you eat, drink, how often you are at the spa, etc, etc, etc. They then use this data to make changes going forward, whether its design of ships, sales and marketing things, scheduling activities, etc. To me that is over the top and invasive. Just give me a key card and I'm good!

So they can’t do the same thing with your key card?🧐

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wrong, they cannot track my every move with a card, just where and when I make purchases due to card being used/swiped. For instance if I spend 2 hours at the main pool and never buy a drink with the card they have no clue where I spent that time, but if I am wearing their goofy bracelet and if it has a tracking component (which I believe they do or will in the near future) they know everyplace I go on that ship, that is my point. Data on where people spend their time is valuable to them for sales/marketing/planning and if anyone thinks that isn't here currently or in the near future you wrong.

I will not wear a bracelet, necklace, load their ap, or do anything else that allows them to track my every move. I'm a card guy.

They have cameras following you as soon as you step out of your cabin.[emoji15]

Just curious, if you are in a suite how do they control access to the SL and CK before the cabins are ready? And also even getting into the deck 17 hallway when the cabins are ready?

Is someone standing there to check set sail paperwork?

They have cameras following you as soon as you step out of your cabin.[emoji15]

They do have cameras all over the ship in fact. I see you are from my home state, Texas. Are you in Austin?

Your picture is attached to your sea card and they can see it when they scan. Also would someone risk getting thrown off the ship on the first day if they took a card, go out and buy a beer, they the right person shows up and calls saying the card is missing. An alert would be place on the card and once and the next time they used it they would be on shore. Not to mention the cameras which can see everything except in your room. I wondered about this at first as well but it has worked fine and not really a big deal.