Silver Spirit Nightmare. Do they care?

Daveywavey70

5 minutes ago, MrsWaldo said:

Just curious    were you on that cruise so do you have first hand knowledge ..... or is this fluff and banter

I was on this cruise. I actually had silversea cancel my 10 yr anniversary cruise and sell me this cruise that I took. 
We had a silver suite with no AC all week. If I may ask were you on this cruise?

12 minutes ago, les37b said:

I think your agenda is pretty obvious now and continually quoting other people instead of what your personal beef is making that crystal clear. I'm aware you were on the cruise, and your own threats about posting comments on FB. Maybe that wasn't a sensible thing to do?

BTW, the tender incident was actually the worst thing mentioned (IMHO) in that it was completely and willfully wrong. However, if SS would like to take a tender I had been waiting for and give me 25% in compensation on a future cruise, I'd be more than gratified. I'd certainly be interested in which CL you think is more generous.

Well since I have cruised on 7 other cruise lines and have never had as bad of a trip as this one then my answer is all of them are better.  I have posted on numerous threads here about my experience on this cruise as I’m sure you have read them since I remember you participating! As for my personal agenda, it’s simple the cruise was a disaster, the rooms were not ready, the AC did not work, the shops were closed, 1 of the restaurants was closed for most of the cruise, the French restaurant which had an up charge had flickering lights all night long. Shall I continue? This is my personal agenda, my 10 year anniversary was canceled, I was offered a cruise on a ship that was not ready and a 25% future cruise discount is not the answer! This is a ultra luxury cruise line if the ship was not ready then I should have had to pay the full price. I totally understand if the ship was ready to go and my problem was I did not like some part of the cruise then sure they can give me a future cruise credit or say sorry but the ship was not ready, it’s as simple as that. It was not worth the full price of the cruise plain and simple! 

Generally maiden voyages, which this one effectively was are notorious for issues with snagging. I’m sure the shipyard probably told SS it was ready to go but even if some of the problems (and in the bigger picture were fairly minor). would you have preferred Silversea to Cancel your cruise because there were flickering lights? I seriously doubt there would be many if any cruises sailing if no faults allowed were the criteria.

Have any of your 7 other cruises been without any fault?

Anyway, I’ve no intention of fuelling the events of 16 months ago further. There were issues and Silversea offered generous compensation  (IMHO). 

I only posted again in this thread because the OP of this (who has obviously moved on) asked why his thread had been bumped.

Incidentally, my Sailing on the Spirit I had booked was cancelled for this refit. My Moon cruise next year has been substantially changed. Each time I‘be been satisfied with the outcome, so sorry you don’t feel 25% off a future cruise was adequate. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 737swapilot said:

I have no affiliation with him and thought I would share this with the people that went through the nightmare that was silversea spirit right after the dry dock. By chance were you on this cruise  

Yes I was on the cruise 737swapilot, It was myself that started this thread. The whole thread was started not because of the appalling situation that we found ourselves in on the cruise but because of the even worse way that we were treated and lied to upon our return. I Do still feel that we were very badly let down by shoreside services. 

I was convinced, mainly by people on this forum, to give Silversea another try and we did in June.We had an absolutely fantastic holiday with them. Yes there were several mistakes made, again by shoreside that let the experience down again but the onboard experience was wonderful.

My opinion now, 18 months later is still that the efforts of the wonderful crew are frequently let down by both the management and shoreside employees. I Will certainly be travelling again with Silversea. I haven't forgiven and certainly haven't forgotten the experience that we had, but I have moved on.

Having looked at the thread on Facebook, firstly I did find it a little strange that someone would place a line on stop sell on the basis of an award (or lack of it) but secondly, having looked at the comments on the thread,  I was quite shocked by the attitude of the "Travel Professional" who was insulting anybody that didn't agree with him and repeatedly insulted people from the UK, myself included, feeling safe in the knowledge that it doesn't matter because they wouldn't book with him anyway. 

I Suspect from his behaviour that he is probably on the spectrum but even so his behaviour on his own Social Media page is disgraceful. I Have watched many of his videos on youtube in the past and did suspect from those that something wasn't quite right.

This whole episode is now 18 months on and I am happy that I have moved on myself, partly because I did sail with  Silversea again. Maybe he feels justified in placing them on stop sell, that is his choice but to insult your potential customers and have a tantrum like a petulant teenager on your professional page is hardly going to win you any customers.

• Like 4

Without wishing to reopen all of this again Les, In Fairness to 737swapilot, the problems were much much worse than "fairly minor". Our entire holiday was ruined too, mainly from having no lights in our suite for 5 night amongst many, many, many other things. The crew were overwhelmed and little could be done to fix these problems. The holiday was certainly ruined for us too and I still believe that Silverseas response was entirlely inadequate. That said we have now moved on and wish to draw a line under it. I Understand completely though why 737 still is left feeling this way. 

Why would they care? It's a cutthroat business that depends on ports of convenience and exploitation of labour. Their main objective is to make a profit - despite them saying "Your safety is our main concern" (only considering - it's bad for business when pax start dying... and word 'gets out'. Only an idiot would think a cruise line - any cruise line - cares about the pax personally. The lines (all) are very good at making the pax think they care about them when everything goes to plan. When it doesn't, the pax change from being human beings to numbers.

Edited by Bill B

While you are essentially correct, Bill B., there are some cruise lines that appear to handle complaints and treat pax better than others when things go wrong. One might expect the ultra-luxury lines to fall into "the handle/treat better" category, but that is not always the case as this thread and my own personal experience on a Seabourn cruise (just once) has proven. However, having just returned from a delightful cruise with Hebridean Island Cruises, I can say that there is at least one cruise line (albeit very small) that still puts into practice the customer is King/Queen philosophy on a regular basis.