Did the Oasis in 2012....worth trying the Symphony?

Or do you think its going to be so similar that it doesn't make sense?

We thought the Oasis was OK. We enjoyed everything other than the traffic flow and overall crowds. Ive tried to find my review here but can't seem to find a "my reviews" section etc so I can't even see how I liked it!

Anyway we are planning on the Symphony in January out of Miami. We just finished an NCL Bliss trip. It was great but had a few issues.

We have been on Oasis (2x) Allure (3x) and Harmony (1x plus this coming Sept President's cruise). Have Symphony booked for Dec 2019 and 2 more Allure booked for this Dec and again in april 2019

Love them all. We never found there to be crowds (other than coming out of shows or dinner). Love the shows, so much to see do, love the Beach pool. Hubby loves the Promenade.

We love all the Royal ships for different reasons, but the big ships just have everything as far as entertainment.

Or do you think its going to be so similar that it doesn't make sense?

We thought the Oasis was OK. We enjoyed everything other than the traffic flow and overall crowds. Ive tried to find my review here but can't seem to find a "my reviews" section etc so I can't even see how I liked it!

Anyway we are planning on the Symphony in January out of Miami. We just finished an NCL Bliss trip. It was great but had a few issues.

According to your contemporaneous posts, you REALLY didn't like the Oasis.

Are you truly ready to wipe all of that out of your mind and give Symphony a chance?

Symphony has added some things like slides, wet and dry. The show "genres" are the same, but the shows themselves are different. (Grease (instead of Hairspray), ice show, aquatheater shows, production show, headliners, comedy club)

Most people understand that ANY ship has crowded, "pinch points" in terms of space and time: When a show lets out, when dining begins, for example. If you are prepared to share that space with others who are trying to do what you are trying to do (get into the dining room, leave the theater), then you should have no problems.

As divers, you must be quite fit. Use the stairs; avoid the elevators during high-demand times.

I do not find the Oasis class ships crowded. I find that there are so many different things to do and so many different places to be that the passengers are dispersed quite well throughout the ship.

Is worth trying once the price goes down. I booked the Symphony for 2018 but the price for interior was around 850 with taxes n everything else. But for 2018 I’m doing allure prices are 200-300 depending on your sailing.

The reason I’m doing the Symphony is because price was right, first time oasis class ship is sailing from Miami, and it’s a new terminal. We are just doing it because of the unique experience but after that I rather hunt for a ship that is less expensive and back in the day it was excited as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

According to your contemporaneous posts, you REALLY didn't like the Oasis.

Are you truly ready to wipe all of that out of your mind and give Symphony a chance?

Symphony has added some things like slides, wet and dry. The show "genres" are the same, but the shows themselves are different. (Grease (instead of Hairspray), ice show, aquatheater shows, production show, headliners, comedy club)

Most people understand that ANY ship has crowded, "pinch points" in terms of space and time: When a show lets out, when dining begins, for example. If you are prepared to share that space with others who are trying to do what you are trying to do (get into the dining room, leave the theater), then you should have no problems.

As divers, you must be quite fit. Use the stairs; avoid the elevators during high-demand times.

I do not find the Oasis class ships crowded. I find that there are so many different things to do and so many different places to be that the passengers are dispersed quite well throughout the ship.

Hoping to see it in a different light now that its 6yrs later and ive been cruising on NCL more since then.

We have been on Oasis (2x) Allure (3x) and Harmony (1x plus this coming Sept President's cruise). Have Symphony booked for Dec 2019 and 2 more Allure booked for this Dec and again in april 2019

Love them all. We never found there to be crowds (other than coming out of shows or dinner). .

I agree, for at least the moderately mobile and those who do some planning, even those crowds can be avoided. Many people coming out of shows go to the elevator first, or the first elevator they see. If you need to go to another deck at the other end of the ship, it can be best to walk the length of the ship and then use the elevator there.

I agree, for at least the moderately mobile and those who do some planning, even those crowds can be avoided. Many people coming out of shows go to the elevator first, or the first elevator they see. If you need to go to another deck at the other end of the ship, it can be best to walk the length of the ship and then use the elevator there.

We tend to do that now anyway. Every morning we like to go to the lowest floor we can and then climb to the top just to keep the blood flowing to the legs and then we hit the gym every other day typically.