West Caribbean in August or September?

Guym20

I want to go on a cruise to the West Caribbean, my options are from mid August to late September.

I read it's the height of the hurrican season, and there's lots of rain.

From your experience, is there any difference between August to September?

Also, since I want a sunny vacation, will the rain ruin it despite the hot weather?

Please don't recommend on going down south, and tell me how bad is the decision of going west at that time of year.

Will appreciate your opinion.

Thank you

I have done the western itinerary in mid-August and in late September.

Both were hot. Late September was a bit more humid.

There's no way to know what you might encounter. It can rain for 20 minutes in the morning and be clear and sunny the rest of the day.

Both are in hurricane season. You have a slight possibility of missed ports or a change in itinerary. At the very worst a delayed departure or return. Personally I don't even factor that into the equation.

Pick a ship and a date and enjoy.

Thank you

What mostly worries me is that I want to book a flight for the day after the ship returns to the departure port.

However, if a storm will hit and I won't return at the expected date, I will miss my flight and hotel bookings..

Do the cruise companies do anything to help with such cases?

Thank you

What mostly worries me is that I want to book a flight for the day after the ship returns to the departure port.

However, if a storm will hit and I won't return at the expected date, I will miss my flight and hotel bookings..

Do the cruise companies do anything to help with such cases?

As stated above, as far as I know not unless you book air through the cruise line.

Historically speaking, I think you will be in less danger of returning late than in departing late.

Practically speaking, if you have to fly to the port I would book a flight to arrive the day before embarking, and a return flight for the day after returning to port.

Buy travel insurance that fits your needs. The cruise lines that sail the Caribbean during hurricane season do everything in their power to keep passengers and crew safe, and to leave and return on schedule.

I wouldn't hesitate to book whatever fits your schedule, given you are buying travel insurance and giving yourself a little leeway with flight schedules.