Fitness Classes on Anthem of Seas...Cost?

Does anyone know how much fitness classes cost on Anthem? I can buy packages but I can’t tell if it is a good deal because I don’t know how much the classes cost individually. I know some are offered for free, but I am wondering about Ryde cycling, Flywheel classes, and Body Sculpt. Has anyone taken any of these? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well, since no one has yet replied, you might try looking through the most recent Compass postings from last year - here is that link (and sorry I do not have a specific answer for you):

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511574

Thanks so much. Cruise compasses I’ve seen don’t list the prices but I will keep looking!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry, I missed this one first time around. :oTry this thread - you'll have to do some digging. :D But it will also get you excited for your cruise.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2636054

EDITED TO ADD : Ugh, nevermind, sorry. You have already posted in the thread I just gave you. I'm tired, time for bed!

Does anyone know how much fitness classes cost on Anthem? I can buy packages but I can’t tell if it is a good deal because I don’t know how much the classes cost individually. I know some are offered for free, but I am wondering about Ryde cycling, Flywheel classes, and Body Sculpt. Has anyone taken any of these? Thanks!

Representative pricing from the Anthem https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=54163257&postcount=59

Im also curious about the packages, I havent seen a good review yet. My major question is can you sign up for all the classes you want, on the first day of the cruise, if not you could buy the package and not even be able to use it for the classes you want, if they are filled.

It depends on those sailing with you, but the spinning classes have limited space and usually are at full capacity.

I bought the fitness package when I was on the Jewel in April, even though it was southern Caribbean port intensive. Here's why I will always buy the package from now on!

On the 2 sea days, I jogged on the promenade then did yoga, Pilates, and boot camp classes! I managed to do 2 spin classes as well. It was fun to meet other people who bought the package too sine we did all the classes we could together.

Next cruise we will try and book afternoon excursions so that I can take advantage of even more classes!!! It is TOTALLY worth it!!

Im also curious about the packages, I havent seen a good review yet. My major question is can you sign up for all the classes you want, on the first day of the cruise, if not you could buy the package and not even be able to use it for the classes you want, if they are filled.

It depends on those sailing with you, but the spinning classes have limited space and usually are at full capacity.

From my experience, there’s always plenty of no-shows.

I tried to purchase one of the packages today and I could not. I called RC today. Twice. The first person I spoke to told me the packages are not available to purchase but may be offered once we set sail. I wonder if that was her way of saying they sold out of packages? The next time I called they said I could purchase the classes, but the only time available was 8:15 PM. I tried to explain that made no sense, but she clearly didn’t know what she was talking about because before I told her exactly what wording to look for, she was looking for a sushi class.

I’m pretty confused at this point. Guess I will check when I board!

I bought the fitness package when I was on the Jewel in April, even though it was southern Caribbean port intensive. Here's why I will always buy the package from now on!

On the 2 sea days, I jogged on the promenade then did yoga, Pilates, and boot camp classes! I managed to do 2 spin classes as well. It was fun to meet other people who bought the package too sine we did all the classes we could together.

Next cruise we will try and book afternoon excursions so that I can take advantage of even more classes!!! It is TOTALLY worth it!!

Good to know! I hope it works out for me. Knowing I’ve purchased in advance will motivate me...

They do yoga outside in Labadee. This schedule only shows RYDE spin classes but I think they might alternate with flywheel spin classes. Hope so...will find out later in the week. 302f7a4924ef5e9f849b8a0fa8de6a0e.jpg

Thanks

Just checked with the fitness instructor, and he said no one is allowed to use spin bikes unless it is during a class. They do have a few bikes that anyone can use that are similar to spin bikes, but they are definitely not spin bikes!

The fitness instructors would not let me use the spin bikes except for class even though I had taken 2 classes with him, had an unlimited class pass and saw him a lot at the gym!! But I did do my FAVORITE work out on the cruise several times.... the STAIRS!!!! They are nice and padded and wide and the ship is cool. I went to the forward stairs and started at deck 3. I ran from deck 3 to 4 to 3 to 5 to 3 to 6 to 3 to 7 and so forth til I hit the top then went whole set a couple of times! AWESOME! I look forward to doing them every cruise!

Just checked with the fitness instructor, and he said no one is allowed to use spin bikes unless it is during a class. They do have a few bikes that anyone can use that are similar to spin bikes, but they are definitely not spin bikes!

[emoji22] Boooo. Thank you so much for checking and reporting back. I guess I’ll just run more.

The fitness instructors would not let me use the spin bikes except for class even though I had taken 2 classes with him, had an unlimited class pass and saw him a lot at the gym!! But I did do my FAVORITE work out on the cruise several times.... the STAIRS!!!! They are nice and padded and wide and the ship is cool. I went to the forward stairs and started at deck 3. I ran from deck 3 to 4 to 3 to 5 to 3 to 6 to 3 to 7 and so forth til I hit the top then went whole set a couple of times! AWESOME! I look forward to doing them every cruise!

Good idea!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi--sailing soon on Oasis of the Seas and plan to do lots of yoga. Should I bring my own mat, or are the ones provided decent (and cleaned!)?

The freedom had tons of mats. I used the wipes that they provide throughout the gym to clean them off. They were in good shape, but like mats at any gym, they are only as clean as the last person left them, so I always cleaned mine off beforehand, just in case.