Newbie.. Royal Caribbean Boarding times help plz

leeno382

Hi Guys, new to cruising but may of cocked up a bit here, hoping someone can't help me out ��

Booked me and my wife on The Symphony of the Seas for this Sunday 3rd June Barcelona med cruise but the only flight available from where I live (Manchester) lands at 3pm local time, have I left myself enough time to get to the ship before sailing? Think it sails at 18.00 local time? Thank you

Will be getting a taxi from airport directly to port

You have very little margin for delay as they want you checked-in and onboard at least 60 minutes before scheduled departure. Assuming you have to wait for your bags, I would think the earliest you can get to the ship would be 4pm. Too close for my stress level!

I advise you to not take that flight, you might miss your ship. A 3 pm landing means the plane touches down at that time, hopefully without any further delay!. However it needs more time to get to the terminal, unload passengers and luggage, then find a cab etc.

It is all very tight.

Check with Royal Caribean what the latest time is you can embark since a musterdrill takes place before sailing.

Best would be to fly the day before.

I advise you to not take that flight, you might miss your ship. A 3 pm landing means the plane touches down at that time, hopefully without any further delay!. However it needs more time to get to the terminal, unload passengers and luggage, then find a cab etc.

It is all very tight.

Check with Royal Caribean what the latest time is you can embark since a musterdrill takes place before sailing.

Best would be to fly the day before.

I'm only saying this to help the OP with understanding their timing with this, but when an airline says a time of arrival it is referring to the gate time, not the landing time. So in this case it would be 3 PM at the gate, not touching down on the runway - still not enough margin for error IMO.

The ship will do the passenger manifest 4.30 ish for a 6pm sailaway.

By law the manifest has to be done 1 and half hours before sailing. If you got there at 5 for example you would not be able to board.

Then theres the 18min average delay time at Manchester airport (researched this recently as I am flying from there this summer)

Then theres the luggage wait (could be 10 minutes up to an hour depending on logistics)

Then theres good old Spanish traffic....add anything up to 10 minutes to an entire year to the time.

Get an earlier flight. You will have to get to the cruise check in desk by 4.30ish (if it is 6pm sailaway) at the latest.

Hi Guys, new to cruising but may of cocked up a bit here, hoping someone can't help me out ��

Booked me and my wife on The Symphony of the Seas for this Sunday 3rd June Barcelona med cruise but the only flight available from where I live (Manchester) lands at 3pm local time, have I left myself enough time to get to the ship before sailing? Think it sails at 18.00 local time? Thank you

Will be getting a taxi from airport directly to port

If that is the only time available on the day of your sailing, I highly recommend flying in the day prior and getting a hotel. That is cutting it way too close.

There are still Barcelona city centre hotels that are £100ish for night if you are quick(not hostels).

See if you can change your flight to the previous day for a small fee and enjoy a relaxing night in Barcelona with some Sangria instead of biting your nails in the grey North of England and a cup of lukewarm tea. :)

Thats what I would do anyway. I have sailed from Barcelona twice but cannot offer you advice on the airport as I have only trained it from the UK to Spain for my cruises....9 hours only if you book the right trains! We always stay a night before when cruising and 2 nights before if it is long haul.

Spoke to Royal Caribbean and they've said I have to be there no later than 4pm otherwise i cannot board.

I now need to seek alternative flights, currently £340 for me and my wife.

Not going to get a refund on the flights already purchased.. expensive mistake on my half eh 😂

Spoke to Royal Caribbean and they've said I have to be there no later than 4pm otherwise i cannot board.... I now need to seek alternative flights, currently £340 for me and my wife.... Not going to get a refund on the flights already purchased.. expensive mistake on my half eh 😂

I'm sorry about that but I'm so glad you discovered this before just going ahead with your plans. PLEASE come in a day or two before; Barcelona is one of the most magnificent cities in the world and well worth exploring.