Santa Barbara Resort

cruiseaway7522

• 1 month later...

We were just there and it was a 40 minute drive there and 5-10 minutes less than that on the way back. We used Shore Excursioneer and I wish we had gone with Resort For a Day instead. The transport was a local van taxi and they had 13 of us in one van - so it was very crowded and my 16 year old had about 4 inches of seat to sit on. (We have used resort for a day in other places and had a great experience - I just didn't see this with them until I had booked with Shore Excursioneer.) Because of this we decided to take our own taxi back and it was $40 - it took about 20 minutes for the taxi to get to the resort but the ride back was much better - and the driver was more personable as well. (Because of the timing both taxis arrived at about the same time and the original driver was not happy with us and tried telling us we couldn't use our own.)

The resort is beautiful - and it was an absolutely great day. The service is great - drinks are great - food is very good, etc. I would definitely return to the resort.

• 3 weeks later...

I booked Santa Barbara Beach Resort, through Resorts for a Day. Yes it was $119, $25 deposit but everything is included, including transportation to and from the port all gratuities, food and drinks. That's cheap, last 2 times I was on Curacao we went downtown and spent a small fortune bar hopping, $119 for all day at the only 5-star resort on the island everything included, count me in!!

We'll be there in December looking forward to something other than walking over the bridge hitting 5 bars and spending $400.:o $119 all day at The Resort!! Hey, I'm learning better late than never! Later Todd:cool:

• 1 month later...

We are comparing Santa Barbara and the Hilton. I understand that Santa Barbara is for five hours. Is that in addition to the ride? We are in port from 7:00am until 11:00pm, so we want to maximize our resort time.