Using self-serve laundry facilities onboard

Alaska0799

Cruisegal our longest trip/cruise was in 2014 when we flew to Sydney Australia for a 13 day NZ cruise, then 9 day Post cruise in Sydney followed by the 18 day Transpacific and 12 day Hawaii back to Seattle. That trip totaled 54 days. The final two cruises were 30 days. ( Transpacific + Hawaii )

Cruisegal our longest trip/cruise was in 2014 when we flew to Sydney Australia for a 13 day NZ cruise, then 9 day Post cruise in Sydney followed by the 18 day Transpacific and 12 day Hawaii back to Seattle. That trip totaled 54 days. The final two cruises were 30 days. ( Transpacific + Hawaii )

:champagne-toast: (y)

You win. I thought there was a trophy emoji, but there isn't. LOL ... that sounds AMAZING. OMG ... that's too long, I could not do that.

We were going to end with the Transpacific after the NZ but I decided I would rather cruise home then fly 5 hours, DH said No Way, but I checked with the daughter, called our TA and booked it. When I told him I had gone ahead and added the Hawaii, he said, " Ok " He knew he lost out to the daughter & I. LOL. He had a great time.

Long cruise or short/long cruise followed by land travel, detergent and space. I found this new product on Amazon made in Canada, Laundry Strips. I checked out the weight, shipping weight is less than 6oz so should not add a lot of weight and can also be used to hand wash (tear the strip in half).

[As a side note, this would be great to send your college students off with.]

Check out the questions and answers some from people who have purchased the product and some answered by the manufacture.

https://www.amazon.com/Breezeo-Laundry-Detergent-Strips-Sheets/dp/B075JMVPQ3/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1527946887&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=laundry+strips&psc=1

Ramona

Long cruise or short/long cruise followed by land travel, detergent and space. I found this new product on Amazon made in Canada, Laundry Strips. I checked out the weight, shipping weight is less than 6oz so should not add a lot of weight and can also be used to hand wash (tear the strip in half).

[As a side note, this would be great to send your college students off with.]

Check out the questions and answers some from people who have purchased the product and some answered by the manufacture.

https://www.amazon.com/Breezeo-Laundry-Detergent-Strips-Sheets/dp/B075JMVPQ3/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1527946887&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=laundry+strips&psc=1

Ramona

Whatever happened to the Purex sheets? Anyone know? I used to use them all the time. They're off the market now.

Don't know why he needed four. I don't remember him having an excessive amount of dirty clothes with him.
All I can think of is when 3 of my little kids had food poisoning once in Mexico......4 machines doesn't sound too unreasonable.[emoji15]

Color catchers by Shout. They are fantastic. You toss all colors.....whites.... darks into a load. No bleeding. The sheets take on the colors......of course don't put brand new jeans or new red shirt in, just to be careful. But they are glorious to get it all done at once. Underngarement, work out clothes. Highly recomend

Hi ... I'm CruiseGal, but yes, Purex sheets. But you can't even buy them on Amazon. If you notice ... there is no box to 'Add to Cart'. It says $79.99 ... yes $79.99 and the box says 'click for more buying options'. Meaning private sellers are listing them for exorbitant prices.

No not me. I never heard of Laundry Sheets until I started looking for detergents to take with me on my cruise. It was CruiseGal999 who asked the question. But I'm sure she would be interested. The price of those sheets give the impression that they have been discontinued. WoW. I wonder if you can find them on e-bay.

Ramona

Thanks for the link but it looks like everything is booked up which reminds me of why I went with the hotel I've reserved, there are a total of six ships in port and they are all leaving on the same day, Feb. 2nd 2019.

One of the reviews said this hotel was like Fawlty Towers … does anyone remember that (BBC). So maybe I'll play along and enjoy Basil Fawlty (John Cleese) and not Basil the Rat;p

Ramona

Whatever happened to the Purex sheets? Anyone know? I used to use them all the time. They're off the market now.

They were discontinued. I managed to find some at a Walgreens and then some more on Amazon after that, so I have enough for probably the rest of my cruising life! So convenient and easy to use, but the pods and dryer sheets should work well too; just be sure the pods are in a zip plastic bag in case they get popped.

WOW ... ok, this is off topic, but I had to say something. From a very first cruise of 10 days to your 2nd cruise of 49 days! THAT's impressive. I don't know if I could even do 49 days on a ship.

We did 23 days a couple of years ago which went quickly so our step up to 49 days should not be a problem.

On the Regal and the Royal they have Speed Queen Washers and Dryers with very simple controls

27759494549_589b9a4b91_k.jpg

25665015688_7daa702cc9_k.jpg

25202844248_1e2c7d0240_b.jpgLaundry Rm Emerald Deck

Howard

Well those Purex won't work, didn't notice the price. Yikes. Daughter & I will be on the Emerald next March, those are larger machines then the ones we used a several years back on the Sun Princess. Are they the same on all Decks. we will be on the Baja

We did 23 days a couple of years ago which went quickly so our step up to 49 days should not be a problem.

On the Regal and the Royal they have Speed Queen Washers and Dryers with very simple controls

27759494549_589b9a4b91_k.jpg

25665015688_7daa702cc9_k.jpg

25202844248_1e2c7d0240_b.jpgLaundry Rm Emerald Deck

Howard

hm9912 - Howard and Francees Will I be fighting you for a machine on Feb's sailing? :D I just recognized your handle. (It's a joke)

Ramona

hm9912 - Howard and Francees Will I be fighting you for a machine on Feb's sailing? :D I just recognized your handle. (It's a joke)

Ramona

I want to make a note that you aren't supposed to use your real name on CC. And I don't think it's a good idea to use your friend's name either. Just a thought.

I want to make a note that you aren't supposed to use your real name on CC. And I don't think it's a good idea to use your friend's name either. Just a thought.

Went back and reread the guidelines: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=guidelines

As long as one is not using their full name as a "handle" and or signature, I'm/we're fine. First name is acceptable. Plus my handle suggest what my first name is if one knows Beverly Cleary's books.

Ramona

Went back and reread the guidelines: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=guidelines

As long as one is not using their full name as a "handle" and or signature, I'm/we're fine. First name is acceptable. Plus my handle suggest what my first name is if one knows Beverly Cleary's books.

Ramona

I wasn't talking about rules and following policies!

I am talking about SAFETY .... people's personal information safety! CC is like any other website out there. You have no idea who you are 'talking' to.

I bring my own detergent and dryer sheets--I still have some of the Purex 3 in 1 sheets, now discontinued.

I have found it hard at times to find a token dispenser that is actually working and/or has tokens. Last cruise I checked 3! laundry rooms; my husband finally went down to customer service to get tokens.

I do love the option to do my own laundry on longer cruises.

:( bummer- I still have some left as well but did not know they aren't selling them any longer. Have been using them for the past 10 years. So easy to travel with

We'll be taking our first B2B cruises this July and will likely need to use the laundry facilities--we have a few questions. Does the charge for machine use go on your cruise card? Is there a detergent dispenser in the facilities? We don't care for pods and need mild detergent for sensitive skin. Should we plan to bring our own?

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

M2-2-2-11010-2T.jpg?1424327857

Pack these. I really like them.....:):):)

Bob

Thanks for the link but it looks like everything is booked up which reminds me of why I went with the hotel I've reserved, there are a total of six ships in port and they are all leaving on the same day, Feb. 2nd 2019.

One of the reviews said this hotel was like Fawlty Towers … does anyone remember that (BBC). So maybe I'll play along and enjoy Basil Fawlty (John Cleese) and not Basil the Rat;p

Ramona

Nothing unusual about a six ship day. Last year we sailed on an eight ship day. The shuttle driver was a bit stressed.