Coffee maker

suemiks

Yes, they make 1 cup at a time. With that said, I don't like the coffee pods that they provide, very weak coffee, even with the use of 2 pods per cup. One option you might consider is to order room service and have it delivered the next morning (fill out the card and leave it on the door knob before bed).

my last cabin had a single serve pod style coffee maker.....it was just perfect....I pack my own creamer with no problem (I brought the flavored, powdered stuff)...when I arrived, there was 2 regular and 2 decaf pods along with sugar packets and some creamers....I requested the steward to leave me 3-4 regular pods (no decaf) each day and it was perfect....I did have to grab some coffee sticks for stirring from the buffet, but no problems...

We were on Getaway’s TA last Novrmber and found that little coffee maker in our cabin. Now we have the same machine at home. I have Impaired vision and, with the help of it, I can brew my own cuppa. Next cruise I’ll bring my own supply of coffee pods.

I usually take an inside cabin & ask my steward or call housekeeping to bring me a coffeemaker.

These are single serve pots & the grounds do seep into the coffee (I bring Peets) but it is far

better than the ships. Since I must drink decaf this is my solution.

The Hamilton Beach Personal 1 cup pod brewer are sold at many places, i.e. Amazon and Quill (Office Supplier online) and uses a single serve flat pod, not as common as the K-cup.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61ZtIBdCxyL._SL1500_.jpg

It makes a small cup and given the amount of coffee grounds typically inside those sealed pod, large cup with more water is just going to make for a weaker brew. We usually travel with our own small supply of coffee, just find & add hot water ... stir in creamer & sugar.

Melitta and Fudgers, among the coffee suppliers selling these pods - I can easily find them in our local supermarket's store shelf, or get them online - prices varied. You can also buy the DIY filter pod and select/use your own custom blend, probably cheaper but it can messy for the RS to clean out the trash bin.

https://www.amazon.com/Melitta-Medium-Roast-Coffee-Count/dp/B00CJXS2HE/ref=pd_sim_328_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00CJXS2HE&pd_rd_r=FF7Y4QXV23KZNB2JST63&pd_rd_w=uvUcD&pd_rd_wg=i1R9h&refRID=FF7Y4QXV23KZNB2JST63&th=1

Ask one's friendly RS if staying in an Oceanview or Inside, as s/he can usually can find one for you & supply the other items to stock it daily.

• 2 months later...
Only balcony and above have coffee makers.

More accurate statement is balcony and above have coffee makers by default. Inside and ocean view, coffee makers are by request.

Studio cabins have access to a shared lounge with a fancy machine that make cappuccino and latte.

Does anyone know what kind of coffee makers are in the Haven rooms now? I am very picky with my coffee (Newman's French Roast k-cups are my favorite) and normally have to buy from Amazon due to limited availability in our local stores. Any information would be appreciated.