Fans

Hello

I have a small 12 inch Cube fan and I plan to pack in my suitcase for all my future cruises. The fan helps create white noise and helps me breathe better. Has any one ever had any issues bringing a fan on a cruise?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've been on three different cruiselines and have taken a regular plug-in fan every time. Never had any problems getting the fan to the room. The problem is always whether there's an available plug close enough to actually feel the breeze from it.

For anyone who only wants the white noise, there are free fan simulator apps that can be paired with a tiny bluetooth speaker (they can be found on sale for $10). My in-laws borrowed my speaker last summer and were pleased with that solution.

Just returned from LOTS, and I didn't have any problem getting through with it. I always take a fan in my carry-on. It's about a 10" diameter desktop fan that plugs in. To this date, I've never had problems getting a fan on board.

Our electric fan was confiscated aboard Liberty OTS in September as a fire hazard.

I had requested one thru special needs as I had in the past and was told they no longer provide fans but it was okay to bring my own.

Showed the security officer the email from special needs but they took it anyway.

They did however provide me with a ship owned electric fan to use.

Leaving in a week for Alaska so I purchased the battery operated one that has a removable plug. I’ll pack the plug with my electronics and then use it once on the ship.

Your experience may be totally different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The crew has fans. I don't see why passengers couldn't as long as it isn't causing an issue safety wise. We had a conjoining room with some family members on our last cruise. The air wasn't working properly in our rooms. Our cabin attendant let the family members borrow his fan he had in his room. Which was very considerate of him.

My fan was confiscated on Anthem last week. Our Cabin Steward provided one for me to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of curiosity, what kind of fan was it?

Ladysilver: I'm also curious to know which fan you purchased on Amazon? Would like to see it. Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...