pineapple beach BEST VALUE....EVER!!

cruzobsessed

just came back from the december 24th serenade. because of EVERYTHING that i read here....we booked 1/2 day passes at pineaple beach. all i can say is WOW!!!. i don't want to sound redundant but.... WOW!!!. we took a cab from the pier. it took a 1/2 hour to get there. we arranged with the driver to pick us up at a specified time. (oh..... don't eat breakfast on the ship....a buffet breakfast is included). the place is heaven. it is an all inclusive resort and they let you use EVERYTHING. and.... you are given a wristband so all DRINKS and FOOD are included. and by drinks i mean the alcoholic kind:D

if you don't like the food served at the lunch buffet (also included) there is a snack bar that makes burgers, chicken fingers etc. ALSO FOR FREE. the pool is gorgeous and the beach....what can i say??!!! it was AWESOME!!!

We too are going to Antigua and the "shopping" part of the port never interested us. What you describe sound perfect. Just a couple questions !) could you at least give us a price range for the beach and Taxi (my husband & I take 6 people and and this could get a bit costly) 2) did you have to make arrangements ahead of time or do you just show up and talk to someone once you get there?

Thanks, Peggy

I had heard that Pineapple Beach was no longer confirming reservations too much ahead of time because now is their peak season for their hotel guests. I was told that if you contact them, they will tell you that they won't confirm you until two weeks prior to your arrival, and that when people were doing that, they were getting denied because they were too booked with hotel guests to offer it to cruise passengers. Bummer...we wanted to do this for a beach day.

for our cruise last week, we booked this in april and got confirmation pretty quickly. i am looking for my paper work to get you all the details. it was definitley 45.00 per person for the day pass. the cab fare was (if i remember correctly) was 20.00 per person round trip (there were 8 of us). the ride was 1/2 hour long.

I called Pineapple Beach yesterday and was able to get 6 day passes for 2/8/06. They gave me an email address to send my request to and I got a confirmation in a couple hours. We are on the Liberty 2/4/2006 sailing. Really looking forward to a day of relaxing by the pool.

Sharon, I decided to go ahead and send an email to Pineapple Beach. We, too, will be there on February 8 (4 adults). But we'll be on the Celebrity Infinity. Anyway, I promptly received an email confirming our reservation for the half day rate ($45 pp), as we arrive in port at 10 a.m. and leave at 7 p.m. I am very excited! Can't wait!

We're on the Infinity with you (and on THE LIST) and also plan to do the half day at Pineapple. Which e-mail contact did you use for the hotel and did you have to call them first?

I'd like to make my reservation today.

Thanks for the info,

Gerald & Rae Lynn

I called first and they gave me an email address to send request to. Sorry I don't have it with me today. We will be in port from 7:00 to 6:00 so we are doing the full day pass for $50.00, we plan to leave around 4:00 but the full day includes breakfast so we can just get off the ship and head there.

Hope to see you there.

Glad you'll be joining us at Pineapple Beach while on the M**** cruise. The address I sent the email to was info@allegroantigua. They emailed me back the next day. I gave them the date we'd be arriving (Feb. 8) and that we were four adults. They said their email response would serve as our confirmation. No deposit required, just pay $45 pp when you arrive. They take cash, as well as Amex, Visa, MC, and I think Discover.

Won't be long now!

Jo-Ann

We just returned from the 12/24 Century holiday sailing. Friends of ours tried to get day passes at Pineapple Beach when we were there on on December 30 and were told they were "full." I don't know if they had their quota of day passes or the resort was full for the holiday. It definitely makes sense to book way in advance for this.

We spent the day at Long Bay (which is a little farther down the beach from the Pineapple Beach resort. It was a little more crowded than the last time we were there, but the beach was as excellent as I remembered from last year... very good swimming. Because of the large numbers it took a while to get our chairs and umbrella from the guy who rents them. The teens in our group went out to the reef to snorkle and reported a good supply of fish out there. It wasn't too far for them to swim out and they all had a fun day.

The taxi fare is $8 per person each way. It is a fairly long ride from the cruise port. Several follks in our cab were questioning the decision to go to Long Bay because of the distance, but once we were there and settled, they were all pleased with the choice.

we got picked up at 3:30 because we were supposed to be back onboard by 4:30 or 5:00 (i don't remember) we got back with plenty of time. if you arrange with the guy who takes you there to return at a prescribed hour...then you don't have to worry about a cab back.

We were also on the Century, 12/24. We took a cab out to Long Bay for

$8 pp. Beach was fantastic. We stopped in town and bought some

beers. While I think the $45 pass at the hotel is a good deal. I question

it for people who want to stay in the water most of the time. Eating

and swimming is not a good combination.

One great thing about Antigua is how orgainized there taxis are.

As soon as you are off the ship, at the end of the dock is the

Taxi association kiosk. You tell them where you want to go and they

give you the price and then find a taxi for you.

We were also on the Century, 12/24. We took a cab out to Long Bay for

$8 pp. Beach was fantastic. We stopped in town and bought some

beers. While I think the $45 pass at the hotel is a good deal. I question

it for people who want to stay in the water most of the time. Eating

and swimming is not a good combination.

One great thing about Antigua is how orgainized there taxis are.

As soon as you are off the ship, at the end of the dock is the

Taxi association kiosk. You tell them where you want to go and they

give you the price and then find a taxi for you.

Did you notice if there were any van type taxis? There are 6 of us don't think we can all fit in taxi, any less expensive maybe to go as group rate?

Sharon and Jersey Girl

We are sailing with you on the Infinity and will also be going the half day Pineapple Beach trip on Feb 8th. Got our confirmation for our group of 11- was wondering if they have ANY guests at the resort that day--or just the Liberty and Infinity cruisers. It took me 2 days to get the e-mail reply and I was imagining that they might not want to accommodate such a large group.

The thumbnails on their website have me wishing we could be there tomorrow, instead of having to wait almost a month.

See you on the Infinity.

I just sent my second email...they didn't reply to my first one. I'll wait a day or so and then make a phone call.

Thanks for the information - I've been looking at this resort for a while. Now I know it's the right one.

Archived