pineapple beach BEST VALUE....EVER!!

cruzobsessed

all i can say is GET THERE EARLY!!!! and remember...if you don't like the food on the lunch buffet (impossible) there is mary's outhouse on the top of the hill for bar b que and a snack bar with fun food (all for free). AND LETS NOT FORGET THE FREE DRINKS. i'm glad you're all going you'll have an outstanding time and i can't wait for YOUR reveiws.

We should have quite the cruise ship party! I know at least 6 others on our roll call have also made reservations for that day. Will be nice to compare ships and itineraries. See you there:cool:

We're party of Knolmom's party of 11-- from NY and Nj-- its 23 degrees-- could someone speed up the getting on the cruise LOL--can;t wait for some warm sun..

:rolleyes: How far away is pineapple beach from the pier? What did it cost for the taxi ride? The last thread I saw; the price was 45.00 per person. Is this accurate? :D Is there shade? My husband will wimp out if he doesn't have any shade to lay under. I was thinking of taking an early morning island drive then heading to the beach. Or should I go straight to the resort? Our ship gets in at 7:00 a.m...

The day pass I reserved was $50.00pp, it includes breakfast , they had one also listed on their website that starts @10:30 (no breakfast) listed for $45.00,since nothing is paid for until you get there, if it's after 10:30 I would think you could just pay for the 45.00 pass. I think it's about a 30 minute taxi ride from port.

I used the same email without a problem last month. Looking at the reply I received from them, the address is as follows:
[EMAIL="info@ag.occidentalhotels.com"]info@ag.occidentalhotels.com[/EMAIL]
Hope this helps.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=red]we arrived around 10:00 and we were 8 people... plenty of chairs because this is a resort that is closed to the public as a matter of fact, there is a major security presence there and unless you have a bracelet on they will kick you off. and.....since there are so many activities there most people who are staying there aren't just lying on the beach. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Here's a link directly to the day pass information!
[URL="http://www.allegroantigua.com/english/daypass"]www.allegroantigua.com/english/daypass[/URL]

cruzobsessed,
Your enthusiasm is so exciting!:) I must admit though that you had me laughing when you said the food and drinks are "free".:D LOL
Keep your fun posts coming!!!!;)

Just back from our cruise on RCCL's Serenade of the Seas, and we spent a half-day at the Grand Pineapple Resort at Long Bay. A few comments:
- the resort is wonderful - very laid back and excellent facilities.
- it's a long taxi ride from the pier (~30-40 minutes). We were quoted $32 one way for two people. Our driver came back to pick us up later in the afternoon. So we spent about $75 for taxi round-trip. On the plus side, we enjoyed the tour the driver gave us on the ride there and back.
- You have complete access to the resort. They don't really make it clear what's included, but my understanding is you have access to everything.

Overall, I highly recommend a day at the Grand Pineapple Resort. We went to three different resorts on three different islands during our cruise, and this was by far the best.

Some folks from our cruise took a taxi to Long Bay (public access beach down the beach from the grand pineapple). There is a restaurant there, and you can rent chairs, umbrellas and watercraft there. Personally, I think the $45 for access to all the facilities, food, and drink at the Grand Pineapple is well worth it.

"We were quoted $32 one way for two people"

WHOA! I don't mind coughing up 115 for the 3 of us, but paying 80 bucks on top of that for the roundtrip cab ride?

200 dollars is alot of money for an afternoon at the beach!

I thought the cab fare would be a little more reasonable. I wonder if sharing a van at the pier would provide a discount?

Yes, I was surprised at the taxi fare as well. I had read on this board that it would be about $20 one way for four people, but noone I talked to was able to negotiate a rate that low. Others on our ship who went to Long Bay had about the same fare as us ($32). If you're a good negotiator, maybe you can get a better rate than I did. Still, I think you can expect to spend at least $50 round trip on taxi fare.

When we were driving to the resort, I kept thinking I'd made a mistake because we kept driving and driving. Where is he taking us? Why am I spending so much to drive to a beach? But once we got there the resort was great.

As I mentioned, we probably saw more of the island than most others, because Long Bay is on the other side of the island from the cruise ship. So it didn't bother me that much. Think of it as a day at the beach with a tour thrown on top of it.

Archived