pineapple beach BEST VALUE....EVER!!

cruzobsessed

Renee,

:p I not sure why I'm even talking to you anymore since you refuse to take Patty & I with you!!!:p

Did you see the alternatives that I posted earlier in this thread? www.portreviews.com can be a resourse for many other islands as well!

Ok, here's the skinny as I see it regarding your visit(without me).

You'll arrive on the pier at 11AM. You will secure either your own personal taxi for MORE than $10.00pp. each way or you'll be placed in a mini van waiting for your van to fill up with other people at $10.pp.

You'll get under way and travel for 30 minutes or so until you arrive at the resort(not much to see along the way). Let's just say you arrive at the Resort just before noon.

You enter the small main building and register. Hopefully there won't be a line in front of you. Once registered and you receive your wristband(better than an imprint from a branding iron), you will be given a short tour of the complex to explain what options are available to you. Let's just say it's 1230PM til you finally get to settle into a chair and relax with your first cocktail, if there's not a line at the bar.

Soooo, you've got your six once plastic cup in your hand whether it's beer, iced cocktail, frozen drink, soda, water, etc...:D Now it's time for a refill. Is there a line, is there a large group of partiers booked for that day you're going to spend almost $200.00 to enjoy? Probably not, but it's something to think about.

OK, the beach is nice. It's thin, but quite long. If you walk down to the other end of the beach there is another resort , restaurant and bar. This is where the snorkling is.

Your ship leaves at 7PM. I suspect last call for boarding will be approximately 45 minutes prior to departure give or take, so that means back to the ship by 6PM to be safe. But now remember, your not on a ship sponsored tour, do you really want to cut it that close?

The taxi driver will promise to come back for you...what happens if he doesn't and you lose time waiting for him until the resort can secure another cab for you? The drive is through the country side, pretty flat and desolate. You'll pass some homes, farms, baron coutryside and lots of cows, sheep, goats and chickens. None of them will be able to help you if you break down on the way back. Let's just hope that this worst case scenario doesn't happen, but if it does, will your driver have a cell phone with him that he can use to call for help? Our driver kept getting out of his van to check on the slow leak in a tire of his van on the way out. Upon his return to pick us up, he had changed the tire.

NOW AFTER READING THIS WE HAVE DECIDED NOT TO PAY FOR THIS TRIP.........WE WILL STICK WITH A TRIP FROM THE CRUISE LINES..THANKS VERY MUCH..XXXXX

• 3 months later...
just came back from the december 24th serenade. because of EVERYTHING that i read here....we booked 1/2 day passes at pineaple beach. all i can say is WOW!!!. i don't want to sound redundant but.... WOW!!!. we took a cab from the pier. it took a 1/2 hour to get there. we arranged with the driver to pick us up at a specified time. (oh..... don't eat breakfast on the ship....a buffet breakfast is included). the place is heaven. it is an all inclusive resort and they let you use EVERYTHING. and.... you are given a wristband so all DRINKS and FOOD are included. and by drinks i mean the alcoholic kind:D

if you don't like the food served at the lunch buffet (also included) there is a snack bar that makes burgers, chicken fingers etc. ALSO FOR FREE. the pool is gorgeous and the beach....what can i say??!!! it was AWESOME!!!

by any chance would you know if they were strict on the drinking age...? i'm 19 and my boyfriend is 20...? ;]

by any chance would you know if they were strict on the drinking age...? i'm 19 and my boyfriend is 20...? ;]

Amanda, you're over the drinking age in Antigua which I believe is 16, so you're fine. Even if the drinking age is 21 on your ship you are legally allowed to drink while in port as long as you in over the port's drinking age.

• 2 weeks later...
Amanda, you're over the drinking age in Antigua which I believe is 16, so you're fine. Even if the drinking age is 21 on your ship you are legally allowed to drink while in port as long as you in over the port's drinking age.

16 for the drinking age???

Thats pretty young.

• 1 month later...

Archived