Re-asking about bringing alcohol on board

tran93le

Just buy some rum runners or similar device from Amazon and pack it in your case. Make sure to put the cap near your toiletries bag and you are all set.

Never been found in my luggage on Royal or Carnival.

It's hard to maintain any kind of tolerance and patience when you're perpetually dealing with (allegedly) grown adults who can't seem to understand and follow basic rules. Rules exist for reasons. Maybe you don't like or agree with them, but that doesn't make them any less valid rules.

Adults who choose to ignore this necessary part of living in a civilized society have earned neither patience nor tolerance.

My sense of the OP's post was to better understand the rules so that he/she could impart that information to less knowledgeable members of their cruise group. I didn't interpret this thread (or the other one the OP started) as an attempt to not follow the rules but rather to avoid breaking them. Patience and tolerance toward that individual is certainly warranted under those circumstances.

Adults who choose to ignore this necessary part of living in a civilized society have earned neither patience nor tolerance.
Okay but they still deserve dignity.

Because you are better than them.

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

My sense of the OP's post was to better understand the rules so that he/she could impart that information to less knowledgeable members of their cruise group. I didn't interpret this thread (or the other one the OP started) as an attempt to not follow the rules but rather to avoid breaking them. Patience and tolerance toward that individual is certainly warranted under those circumstances.

I think benefit of the doubt is warranted in this case, but some of the replies by members leave me shaking my head. Blatantly advocating breaking the rules with rum runners??? Come on.....

I think benefit of the doubt is warranted in this case, but some of the replies by members leave me shaking my head. Blatantly advocating breaking the rules with rum runners??? Come on.....

Agree. :)

Maybe try looking at things from a different perspective. We've all had that one or two difficult relative that doesn't believe anything you say unless they see it or themselves. Let's say the OP asked about alcohol being allowed, the answer was no and the OP goes back and shows the post to their relative. The relative replies, well you asked about "alcohol" and maybe you weren't specific enough. Now the OP figures the only way to get the relative to believe them is to post again and this time be more specific. So the OP may already know the answer but had to ask it to prove a point to the relative.

I'm not saying this is the case and I admit I did the eye roll when seeing the post, but seriously it's not worth flaming this person. Nobody has any idea why the 2nd post was needed. We'll had to do things in our lives that make others question our sanity, none of us are immune.

Maybe try looking at things from a different perspective. We've all had that one or two difficult relative that doesn't believe anything you say unless they see it or themselves. Let's say the OP asked about alcohol being allowed, the answer was no and the OP goes back and shows the post to their relative. The relative replies, well you asked about "alcohol" and maybe you weren't specific enough. Now the OP figures the only way to get the relative to believe them is to post again and this time be more specific. So the OP may already know the answer but had to ask it to prove a point to the relative.

I'm not saying this is the case and I admit I did the eye roll when seeing the post, but seriously it's not worth flaming this person. Nobody has any idea why the 2nd post was needed. We'll had to do things in our lives that make others question our sanity, none of us are immune.

It's not like this is a unique policy though. Even if they had never cruised before, pretty much any other ticketed event doesn't allow you to bring your own alcohol and/or food. It's not a foreign concept for people who have ever gone to a sporting event (outside of cooler-friendly events like races), concert, etc., where concession sales supplement ticket revenue.

My suggestion is since you are fine for being the one to educate your family on the "mini aspects" of cruising that you go to

https://www.carnival.com/help ,

https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/legal-notice/ticket-contract.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_84 , and

https://www.carnival.com/legal/safety-security.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_109

Read through all sections and clickable links, then using copy and paste put together a hard copy booklet of what applies to your cruise for those family members that are unable or unwilling to search out what is expected of them as passengers along with what is and isn't allowed by the cruise line. Trust me this will avoid problems that will start before even boarding such as what documents are needed to be presented at the terminal and what must be packed in your carry-on luggage and what isn't allowed to be brought on board.

This was incredibly gracious of you. Thanks for posting it!

Yes! She can bring it. However, Security WILL confiscate it. itwill be a nice parting gift for a security officer.

As stated before only wine or champagne bottles are allowed, unopened, and 1 per person.

may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage. All liquor, beer, other forms of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages outside of this exception are strictly prohibited in both carry-on and checked luggage and such items will be confiscated and discarded and no compensation will be provided.

Another thing to let her know, you can buy bottles of liquor on board, but that will be saved until the last day and she will have to go pick it up at debarkation. I would suggest ordering the bottle as a in room gift before departing, that way the alcohol bottle is in her room when she boards.

Then why are you such a hypocrite? You break CC rules all the time! Name calling comes to mind, rude posts, etc.. You are like the pot calling the kettle black.

"Rude" is subjective. You can call it rude all you want. I call it telling it like it is.

Smuggling booze, on the other hand, is quite the black and white issue.

Thanks for playing. Next question?

THAT'S what I'm talking about. Not the original poster.

one bottle equals 2 days of Cheers, maybe she should crunch some nubers

2 days of Cheers is subjective. The bottles are 1 liter which is approximately 33 ounces. An average, decent drink has about 1.5 ounces of alcohol. It can vary though. That would be 22 drinks. That might be more than some Cheers drinkers, it might be less. Either way, I think it is a great option to be considered when deciding what is right for you.

2 days of Cheers is subjective. The bottles are 1 liter which is approximately 33 ounces. An average, decent drink has about 1.5 ounces of alcohol. It can vary though. That would be 22 drinks. That might be more than some Cheers drinkers, it might be less. Either way, I think it is a great option to be considered when deciding what is right for you.

I think they meant that the price of one bottle through the gift shop ($75-$110 is equal to about 2 days of the Cheers package at $55 a day. I had never thought of it in the drinks perspective, so thanks for that insight! And who doesn't love a good mathing! ;p

Look on amazon for speakeasy briefs. It just popped up on my facebook, and it made me think of your post. I learned along time ago that I get away with absolutely nothing, but for some when there is a will there is a way

Only wine or charmpane are allow, one per person, let your aunt know they will take it away, all luggage will go though the scanner, can't hide it

Soda : 12 can per person, ( can only, no bottle allow)

If they want water: $4.50 order from the fun shop, they will deliver it to your room. Very reasonable price for a case of water, and it's better to order a head of time. No need to carry it around waiting for your room. She can order the crown from fun shop,

There is corkage fee if the alcohol you bring on board open at the MDR

I understand it can be stressful when you have to organize a big group (family) I got a big group this summer as well, each person will want different things, later they would call me and want another choice, oh well, it took me 5 mins to change it, but it's cost them additional $100 per person. If you all flight in, check out Alaska group booking, (10 or more people ) there's discount for big group, if you find cheaper price from another airline let them know, they will try their best to match it.

Don't forget to link your booking together, contact the ship maitre d to seat together.

Thank you! I just checked Southwest offers group rates as well. My kids will be thrilled!