last minute cruise... dining time question:

shellster1

Wondering if anyone has any knowledge and/or experience with this:

I booked a last minute cruise...as in, I leave in 5 days. I booked via CCL.com and filled out the necessary docs just now. When I got to the prefered dining time, I was assigned late-dining, with early dining as the only option as an alternative for the waitlist.

I always have picked YTD, and while I didn't expect it to be (an option for) my first choice, I was surprised it wasn't an option for the waitlist??

I'm sailing on the Victory. I have read that guests are advised to go directly to the dining room to request the change once they board. Is this still my best optiion? Does the level of a guest's VIFP help at all? I plan on embarking early. Will this help?

Thanks in advance!!

The maitre'd will be available on embarkation day to take requests. Guest Services can tell you when and where.

To my knowledge only Diamonds and guests booked in suites are guaranteed their choice of dining assignments.

I believe every effort is made to accommodate requests.

Enjoy your cruise!

I agree. I had the same situation a few years ago. We immediately went to the maitre d station and they put us on a list. We had to stick with our current dining the first night but we had a letter in our mailbox outside the room that night telling us we had been approved to change to your time dining.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app