Any NCL Ambassador members on Cruise Critic?

chloemonkey

On 7/2/2024 at 7:52 AM, www3traveler said:

Yes:  General Manager Relief Steven Jacobsen

Former General Manager Errol Bailey (Errol was recently promoted to a shoreside position)

I still have Errol Bailey’s business card from my first or second NCL cruise.   He was very nice to my mom and me.    

23 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

There is a gentleman by the name of Robbie O’Malley who is a frequent poster on social media.   He says there are approximately 300 Ambassadors, if I remember correctly.

I've heard the 300 number mentioned and I've also heard 200, 150, 250.  I do not know why the total number is so secret.   I've been on cruises where we were the only ones, and also on cruises where there has been 7 or 8 others.  

I would like to see NCL arrange a meet up with the Ambassadors on that cruise so we could  meet the others on the cruise.  Compare notes, etc.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

I don’t think it’s a secret by any means, it’s just constantly in flux.

Hello, Joe from Boston, I believe I met you both on the NCL Star in February Rio to Lisbon with my Freind Peter from the UK.  I hope you both traveling well 🙂

joep 7-2021.jpg

@fstuff1 made his way up to join the rank in late 2023/early 2024 ... haven't seen him around lately.  

FWIW, going back a few years ... between 2017-2019, the number of Ambassadors were said to be just in the double digits, 50 to 60'ish only and right after the Covid re-start on our 1st return to NCL cruising in 2022, the actual numbers dropped to the 40'ish only ?? as given out/asked at the Latitudes/CruiseNext welcome back "reception" onboard.  There're more getting bumped higher into "Diamond" but with the double & triple Latitudes point promotion, not surprised that it helped boosted and fast track more into Ambassador status.  

On our recent Prima TA sailing at full double occupancy, there're said to be 1,900 Latitudes members, 900 Platinum, and 300 Sapphire ... fewer Diamonds and there're definitely Ambassadors on that crossing.  Not uncommon to have at least several of them on a given sailing, the ones we met tend to the more mature with a rich cruise history but there are a number of mature cruisers of a younger age these days ... some of them identified themselves on CC as being Ambassadors for NCL but not always.   FWIW, we see no urge to pursue that status these days.  

20 hours ago, Landl cruiser said:

I've heard the 300 number mentioned and I've also heard 200, 150, 250.  I do not know why the total number is so secret.   I've been on cruises where we were the only ones, and also on cruises where there has been 7 or 8 others.  

I would like to see NCL arrange a meet up with the Ambassadors on that cruise so we could  meet the others on the cruise.  Compare notes, etc.

We like to go to the Mixology sessions in order to meet Ambassador and other Diamond cruisers.   Small group and interesting conversations😊

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Landl cruiser said:

We had a great time at the Sail and Sustain Cocktail event on the Pr1ma on her second voyage after launching.  As you might expect, lots of Ambassador and Diamond Latitudes members were on board the first few cruises of the new ship.  The cocktail event is available as a perk to Diamond and Ambassador members only, so we all spent more time chatting and getting to know each other than we did paying attention to what our bartender, Clarence the Chocolate Cowboy, had to say about the drinks he was pouring.

• Like 2