Any NCL Ambassador members on Cruise Critic?

chloemonkey

16 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Wow...you may win the prize for resurrecting the oldest thread on CC I've seen in many moons.

Five years is a long way to go back through the annals of CC to excavate something to comment on.

Are you an archaeologist as well as an Ambassador?  😁

Ya I know it was an old thread but I didn't see anywhere else for Ambassadors to chat, and I wanted to let the upcoming AMB that while not perfect the free cruise is a nice perk. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dorhead1230 said:

@yankprintster So funny you posted this question! I am Platinum now and Ambassador is many many moons away for me. However, I just got off the Joy. I went to buy my CN and had my 4-year old with me. The CN rep made a comment about my son getting his status at 18 and I said yes he’ll definitely be Platinum or higher by then! (He’s actually already got Gold-level points based on triple points on our two cruises this year.) The man then told us the youngest Ambassador in the program was onboard our cruise—23 years old 😮!

That is correct, I have a friend at NCL who works as a future cruise consultant and when I made it at age 58 I asked him if I was the youngest to make it and he explained not even close.  That a kid had been traveling with his parent for years and he received the nights from his parent's cruise that he was the youngest one.  He also said as of last year there were 104 Ambassadors in the world last June.   I'm sure there are a few more now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jwp1963 said:

... as of last year there were 104 Ambassadors in the world last June.   I'm sure there are a few more now.

Four to five years ago, there're about 40'ish, maybe 50+ Latitudes Ambassadors in the program and the numbers reduced to 30'ish in 2019, from my recollection.  During the our recent TA, there're some onboard (as usual, always on the move & cruising) and the rank had grown significantly to 300'ish - per CruiseNext, probably boosted by the double & triple points to leap forward.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Dorhead1230 said:

@yankprintster So funny you posted this question! I am Platinum now and Ambassador is many many moons away for me. However, I just got off the Joy. I went to buy my CN and had my 4-year old with me. The CN rep made a comment about my son getting his status at 18 and I said yes he’ll definitely be Platinum or higher by then! (He’s actually already got Gold-level points based on triple points on our two cruises this year.) The man then told us the youngest Ambassador in the program was onboard our cruise—23 years old 😮!

I’ve been sailing with my daughter . She is 2 and we have 74 points. It never occurred to me that she gets the points too. Is this true ? 

• Like 1

Just now, Cruiseguy14 said:

I’ve been sailing with my daughter . She is 2 and we have 74 points. It never occurred to me that she gets the points too. Is this true ? 

yes.  she has to wait until she's an adult to get her own latitudes number, but she should get all the points from past cruises.

28 minutes ago, Cruiseguy14 said:

Yes; they just don’t actually give them their status until they’re 18. It’s supposed to all catch up and they will then be at whatever level they’re supposed to be.

13 hours ago, Cruiseguy14 said:

Yes, happened to our son.  On his first sailing after turning 18 he was platinum.  He thought that was pretty funny.

• 3 months later...